just The Preview - Heineken's Q1
Heineken will release its Q1 results on Wednesday
On Wednesday, Heineken will report its first-quarter numbers. Here, just-drinks looks at the group's activities in the three months to the end of March:
- In January, Heineken said it would build a "multi-beverage" facility in Timor-Leste as part of an investment of up to US$45m in the south-east Asian country.
- Heineken's EUR110m (US$129m) brewery in Ethiopia hit full capacity in mid-January, six months after it was completed.
- Heineken confirmed at the end of January that it will remove caramel colouring from its Newcastle Brown Ale brand globally.
- In February, Colombian authorities waved through a deal allowing private conglomerate Postobón and Compania Cervecerias Unidas to brew and sell Heineken's brands in the South American country, according to reports.
- In the same month, the Dutch brewer completed the sale of Mexican packaging business Empaque to Crown Holdings, and launched a share buyback using most of the proceeds.
- Also in February, Heineken confirmed plans to invest MXN7.35bn (US$470m) in building its seventh brewery in Mexico.
- In March, Slovenian brewer Pivovarna Lasko looked set to welcome a new majority owner as the auction process entered the home straight. Heineken was announced as the winner of the auction last week.
Earlier this week, US trade body The Brewers Association released a list of the largest brewers in the country in volume terms. Here is a list of the top 50....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Molson Coors hit by US$500m write-down in Canada
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends