just The Preview - Heineken Q4 & FY
Heineken will release its FY results on Wednesday
Heineken is set to release its fourth-quarter trading update on Wednesday (13 February). Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December and performances in recent quarters.
- Heineken's buyout of Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) rumbled on through the quarter, with Singapore granting the deal regulatory approval and the Dutch brewer sealing its SGD5.4bn (US$4.3bn) acquisition of Fraser & Neave's stake in the Tiger brewer. But the company's fourth quarter started with an analyst suggesting the deal will pay for itself in five years.
- There were analyst nerves in the quarter that Western Europe will continue to drag on Heineken's profits this year. The region accounts for a third of the company's profits.
- Heineken divested itself of a brand that has been out of use since 2010. English cider maker Weston's swooped for Gold Label in October.
- Heineken's travel retail focus continued with the opening of a branded airport lounge in Dubai. The lounge is the company's first in the Middle East.
- Heineken said it was “disappointed” after Europe's highest court rejected an appeal against a reduction in fines for its part in a cartel. Heineken and Bavaria were fined EUR273.8m (US$363m) in 2007.
In Heineken's Q3,
- Q3 net profits (reported) up by 9.9% to EUR577m (US$746.5m)
- Sales rose by 7.1% to EUR4.97bn
For the company's H1,
- Net profits climbed by 1.6% to EUR705m (US$879.6m)
- Net sales increased by 5% to EUR8.78bn
- Operating profits (EBIT) climbed up by 0.5% to EUR1.27bn
For the company's Q1,
- Reported net profits in first three months, minus exceptionals, inched up by 2.6% to EUR155m (US$203m)
- Sales in Q1 rose by 6.8% year-on-year
To read a preview of Heineken's Q3 results, click here.
For just-drinks' coverage of Heineken's full-year results, click here.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- Focus - Coca-Cola's Q1 Performance by Region
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Elements 8 revamps rum packaging
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets