just The Preview - Heineken Q4 & FY
Heineken will release its FY results on Wednesday
Heineken is set to release its fourth-quarter trading update on Wednesday (13 February). Below, we take a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December and performances in recent quarters.
- Heineken's buyout of Asia Pacific Breweries (APB) rumbled on through the quarter, with Singapore granting the deal regulatory approval and the Dutch brewer sealing its SGD5.4bn (US$4.3bn) acquisition of Fraser & Neave's stake in the Tiger brewer. But the company's fourth quarter started with an analyst suggesting the deal will pay for itself in five years.
- There were analyst nerves in the quarter that Western Europe will continue to drag on Heineken's profits this year. The region accounts for a third of the company's profits.
- Heineken divested itself of a brand that has been out of use since 2010. English cider maker Weston's swooped for Gold Label in October.
- Heineken's travel retail focus continued with the opening of a branded airport lounge in Dubai. The lounge is the company's first in the Middle East.
- Heineken said it was “disappointed” after Europe's highest court rejected an appeal against a reduction in fines for its part in a cartel. Heineken and Bavaria were fined EUR273.8m (US$363m) in 2007.
In Heineken's Q3,
- Q3 net profits (reported) up by 9.9% to EUR577m (US$746.5m)
- Sales rose by 7.1% to EUR4.97bn
For the company's H1,
- Net profits climbed by 1.6% to EUR705m (US$879.6m)
- Net sales increased by 5% to EUR8.78bn
- Operating profits (EBIT) climbed up by 0.5% to EUR1.27bn
For the company's Q1,
- Reported net profits in first three months, minus exceptionals, inched up by 2.6% to EUR155m (US$203m)
- Sales in Q1 rose by 6.8% year-on-year
To read a preview of Heineken's Q3 results, click here.
For just-drinks' coverage of Heineken's full-year results, click here.
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research