just The Preview - Heineken Q2 & H1
Heineken is set to release its H1 results
Heineken will release a first-half trading update on Wednesday (21 August). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the Dutch brewer's highs and lows in the three months to the end of June, and recent financial results:
- It was a relatively quiet quarter for Heineken, as the brewer continues to assimilate its Asia Pacific Breweries purchase from Q1. But, as one unit entered, another prepared to leave: Heineken's Finnish brewer, Hartwall, was the subject of rumours in April that it was to be sold off. Heineken refuted the reports, but in July announced that the division is going to Denmark's Royal Unibrew.
- Heineken's Champions League sponsorship was another highlight of the quarter. Bayern Munich overcame Borussia Dortmund 2-1 in the final in May, and Heineken maintained its high visibility in the tournament with a range of marketing campaigns.
- In April, Heineken sold one of its former brewery sites, turned distribution centre, in Russia for an undisclosed sum.
- The brewer extended its Newcastle Brown Ale range in the US in May with the launch of Bombshell Blonde Ale.
- Hot on the heels of Carlsberg, Heineken unveiled plans in May to build a US$60m brewery in Myanmar as part of a new joint-venture. Heineken's former JV partner in Asia, Fraser & Neave, meanwhile, will continue to operate Heineken's Tiger brand in Myanmar for at least five years.
- Net profits were up by 37% to EUR227m (US$295.2m)
- Net sales rose by 8% to EUR4.15bn
- Operating profits “increased in the mid-teens”
To read a preview of Heineken's Q1 numbers, click here.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
This is the first in a new series of short reports from just-drinks. These profiles will bring together all of just-drinks' coverage of a major development involving some of the leading players in the...
Heineken N.V. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- China to axe duty on Australian wine
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research