just The Preview - Gruppo Campari FY
Campari will report its FYs on Thursday
Gruppo Campari will report its full-year results on Thursday (7 March). Here just-drinks takes a look back at the group's highs and lows in its last financial quarter, plus its financial progress last year.
- In October, the group announced it was raising EUR400m (US$524.3m) from the issue of bonds that will trade on Luxembourg’s stock exchange.
- In November, the company revealed it had launched a US$414.8m offer to take full control of Lascelles deMercado & Co, parent company of the Appleton Estate and Wray & Nephew rum brands.
- Campari was floated as a possible buyer of Whyte & Mackay, if the business gets sold off in the wake of Diageo's United Spirits deal.
- The group's North American arm was in poaching mode as it appointed the head of Jose Cuervo International as its MD, a newly-created role
- In December, Campari completed its deal to take control of Lascelles deMercado & Co
For Campari's year-to-date.
- Net profits came in flat, up by 0.8% to EUR175.7M (US$223.4m)
- Net sales in nine months increased by 4.8% to EUR931.6m
- Operating profits rose by 2.6% to EUR211.6m
- Net profits rose by 3.5% to EUR77.9m (US$95.2m)
- Net sales in six months to end of June increased by 5% to EUR618.3m
- Operating proits rose by 5% to EUR143.8m
- Q1 pre-tax profits rose by 4.6% to EUR52.8m (US$67.9m)
- Operating profits in three months to end of March increased, by 2.7% to EUR62.4m
- Net sales were up by 4% to EUR279.3m.
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Since the great recession of 2008/2009 Diageo has transformed itself, primarily through acquisition, from being overly focused on mature markets to a more balanced geographic split and if, as seems li...
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Is Marketing Twisting the Meanings of Words?
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer