just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
Diageo will report its full-year results on Thursday
On Thursday, Diageo will report its preliminary full-year results. Here just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its final quarter, the three months to the end of June:
- In early April, the firm launched a legal bid against a US law that forces all spirits distilled in Tennessee to be stored within the state's borders.
- The group revealed plans to release a single grain Scotch whisky - Haig Club - in partnership with David Beckham and British media mogul Simon Fuller.
- The firm moved ahead to take majority control of United Spirits. Diageo completed its bid to get 54.78% of the Indian firm in early July.
- Diageo launched a new global multi-media campaign for Smirnoff.
- In May, the company appointed Marks & Spencer's CFO to its board of directors.
- Philippines-based Brandy producer Emperador was confirmed as the buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay, owned by Diageo-controlled United Spirits.
- Plans to shake-up parts of Diageo's Australian bottling operations were revealed.
- In late-May, the firm announced its intention to spend US$115m on building a new distillery in the US state of Kentucky.
- In June, it emerged the group has cut around 200 head office and regional roles as part of on-going cost-saving measures.
- The company won its legal battle over spirits storage laws in the US state of Tennessee.
- Diageo appointed a global communications director, a newly-created role.
For the first nine months of its fiscal-2014:
- Sales on an organic basis rose by 0.3%
- Reported sales in the year-to-date slid by 7.4%
- Group volumes fell by 2%.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- The global beer category - The facts
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research