just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
Diageo will report its full-year results on Thursday
On Thursday, Diageo will report its preliminary full-year results. Here just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its final quarter, the three months to the end of June:
- In early April, the firm launched a legal bid against a US law that forces all spirits distilled in Tennessee to be stored within the state's borders.
- The group revealed plans to release a single grain Scotch whisky - Haig Club - in partnership with David Beckham and British media mogul Simon Fuller.
- The firm moved ahead to take majority control of United Spirits. Diageo completed its bid to get 54.78% of the Indian firm in early July.
- Diageo launched a new global multi-media campaign for Smirnoff.
- In May, the company appointed Marks & Spencer's CFO to its board of directors.
- Philippines-based Brandy producer Emperador was confirmed as the buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay, owned by Diageo-controlled United Spirits.
- Plans to shake-up parts of Diageo's Australian bottling operations were revealed.
- In late-May, the firm announced its intention to spend US$115m on building a new distillery in the US state of Kentucky.
- In June, it emerged the group has cut around 200 head office and regional roles as part of on-going cost-saving measures.
- The company won its legal battle over spirits storage laws in the US state of Tennessee.
- Diageo appointed a global communications director, a newly-created role.
For the first nine months of its fiscal-2014:
- Sales on an organic basis rose by 0.3%
- Reported sales in the year-to-date slid by 7.4%
- Group volumes fell by 2%.
The world’s leading spirits producer, Diageo also ranks 23rd in the global wine market. This profile analyses the challenges faced by Diageo’s wine operations, which sit uncomfortably with the company...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Global industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- A Wild Geese, Pernod Ricard conspiracy theory?
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends