just The Preview - Diageo's FY preliminaries
Diageo will report its full-year results on Thursday
On Thursday, Diageo will report its preliminary full-year results. Here just-drinks takes a look at how the group has fared in its final quarter, the three months to the end of June:
- In early April, the firm launched a legal bid against a US law that forces all spirits distilled in Tennessee to be stored within the state's borders.
- The group revealed plans to release a single grain Scotch whisky - Haig Club - in partnership with David Beckham and British media mogul Simon Fuller.
- The firm moved ahead to take majority control of United Spirits. Diageo completed its bid to get 54.78% of the Indian firm in early July.
- Diageo launched a new global multi-media campaign for Smirnoff.
- In May, the company appointed Marks & Spencer's CFO to its board of directors.
- Philippines-based Brandy producer Emperador was confirmed as the buyer for Scotch whisky producer Whyte & Mackay, owned by Diageo-controlled United Spirits.
- Plans to shake-up parts of Diageo's Australian bottling operations were revealed.
- In late-May, the firm announced its intention to spend US$115m on building a new distillery in the US state of Kentucky.
- In June, it emerged the group has cut around 200 head office and regional roles as part of on-going cost-saving measures.
- The company won its legal battle over spirits storage laws in the US state of Tennessee.
- Diageo appointed a global communications director, a newly-created role.
For the first nine months of its fiscal-2014:
- Sales on an organic basis rose by 0.3%
- Reported sales in the year-to-date slid by 7.4%
- Group volumes fell by 2%.
The Future of the US Alcoholic Drinks Packaging to 2017
The Future of the US Alcoholic Drinks Packaging to 2017 is a data only report providing extensive and highly detailed time series consumption data on primary and outer packaging in the market...read more
Diageo plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and...
Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much Needed Stability?
- Why Millennials are driving premium wine demand
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Piper-Heidsieck agrees three-year Oscars tie-up
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- The Sugar Backlash and its Effects on Global Consumer Markets