just The Preview - Constellation Brands Q4 & FY
Constellation Brands is releasing its full-year results tomorrow
Constellation Brands will report its full-year results on Wednesday (10 April). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of February, plus its financial progress last year.
- The major Constellation story in the quarter was the US Government's move to block Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo. Constellation is due to capture full control of Crown Imports by buying out Modelo's 50% stake in the distributor, but suddenly found its way blocked by events outside its control. The company said it was “disappointed” with the Department of Justice's decision when news of the block broke in January.
- A day later, the company had sharpened its tone, saying the DOJ had an “incomplete understanding” of the takeover. Analysts, however, we still confident the deal would go ahead.
- A week later, and Constellation decided to roll up its sleeves and get stuck into the legal battle. In a motion the company requested that its interests and those of the US JV, Crown Imports, "are represented as part of the US DOJ's complaint against the proposed A-B InBev acquisition of Modelo". As of last week, the deal is poised to complete.
- At the end of the quarter, Constellation announced it is adding two new board members, Robert Hanson and Judy Schmeling.
- In other HR news, the company in December said it was replacing Canada boss Eric Morham with Ben Dollard. Morham has been Constellation Canadian head since 2009.
For Constellation's year-to-date.
Net profits fell by 10.5% to US$306.1m
Sales rose by 3.6% to $2.10bn
Operating profits dipped by 2.9% to $395.5m
Net profits fell by 17.1% to $196.6m
Net sales inched up by 0.6% to $1.33bn
Operating profits dropped by 4.1% to $236.7m
Net profits dropped 3.4% to $72m
Net sales remained flat at $634.8m
Operating profits increased by 4.3% to 106.1m
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
Tom Vierhile considers the rise of cider - specifically, hard cider - in many markets around the world....
The company faced a period of uncertainty at the end of 2012 regarding its future in the midst of A-B InBev and Constellation Brands’ merger discussions. Eventually, in February 2013, all parties reac...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review