just The Preview - Constellation Brands Q4 & FY
Constellation Brands is releasing its full-year results tomorrow
Constellation Brands will report its full-year results on Wednesday (10 April). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of February, plus its financial progress last year.
- The major Constellation story in the quarter was the US Government's move to block Anheuser-Busch InBev's US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo. Constellation is due to capture full control of Crown Imports by buying out Modelo's 50% stake in the distributor, but suddenly found its way blocked by events outside its control. The company said it was “disappointed” with the Department of Justice's decision when news of the block broke in January.
- A day later, the company had sharpened its tone, saying the DOJ had an “incomplete understanding” of the takeover. Analysts, however, we still confident the deal would go ahead.
- A week later, and Constellation decided to roll up its sleeves and get stuck into the legal battle. In a motion the company requested that its interests and those of the US JV, Crown Imports, "are represented as part of the US DOJ's complaint against the proposed A-B InBev acquisition of Modelo". As of last week, the deal is poised to complete.
- At the end of the quarter, Constellation announced it is adding two new board members, Robert Hanson and Judy Schmeling.
- In other HR news, the company in December said it was replacing Canada boss Eric Morham with Ben Dollard. Morham has been Constellation Canadian head since 2009.
For Constellation's year-to-date.
Net profits fell by 10.5% to US$306.1m
Sales rose by 3.6% to $2.10bn
Operating profits dipped by 2.9% to $395.5m
Net profits fell by 17.1% to $196.6m
Net sales inched up by 0.6% to $1.33bn
Operating profits dropped by 4.1% to $236.7m
Net profits dropped 3.4% to $72m
Net sales remained flat at $634.8m
Operating profits increased by 4.3% to 106.1m
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
The world’s second largest wine producer, Constellation Brands transformed its alcoholic drinks operations with the acquisition of Modelo’s US beer business in 2013. This profile considers strategies ...
Tom Vierhile considers the rise of cider - specifically, hard cider - in many markets around the world....
Frigorífico Modelo SA is engaged in a wide range of activities, including the production of fruit/vegetable juice; however, this is not the company’s main focus. In terms of its fruit/vegetable juice ...
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Guinness: A Great Day for St James's Gate
- Will Remy come off worse in China Cognac recovery?
- Wines of the Beautiful South Ups its Game
- Patron Spirits' Patron Citrónge Lime
- Wm Grant CMO to head Orangina Scweppes Int'l
- Heineken rejects SABMiller purchase proposal
- Bacardi-Martini appoints Southern Europe chief
- William Grant gives Sailor Jerry pack revamp