just The Preview - Constellation Brands Q1
Constellation is now a brewer
Constellation Brands will report its first-quarter results on Tuesday (2 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of May.
- It was green for go this quarter as a US Department of Justice lawsuit blocking Constellation's buyout of Grupo Modelo's share in their Crown Imports JV was overcome. The deal gives the company perpetual rights to Modelo's brands in the US, as well as somewhat unexpectedly seeing it become a brewer with the takeover of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Mexican brewery. The deal was confirmed this month.
- Along the way, Constellation CEO & president Rob Sands promised plans for the Modelo brands, including hints of new products in the pipeline. He also said the Piedras Negras brewery will undergo a radical expansion, leaving Constellation self-sufficent in beer supply.
- Elsewhere, the company announced a tweak to its Svedka Vodka flavour, one that will “deliver smoother, richer, and brighter profiles”.
- There was also the appointment of a new HR chief, with Tom Kane taking over from from Keith Wilson.
For just-drinks' coverage of Constellation's FY results, released in April, click here.
For a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of Constellation's Q1 results, click here.
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
The world’s second largest wine producer, Constellation Brands transformed its alcoholic drinks operations with the acquisition of Modelo’s US beer business in 2013. This profile considers strategies ...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
Frigorífico Modelo SA is engaged in a wide range of activities, including the production of fruit/vegetable juice; however, this is not the company’s main focus. In terms of its fruit/vegetable juice ...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2013....
Alcoholic Drinks in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). Th...
- Analysis - Remy's Cognac "dead-cat bounce"
- Comment - How Hand-Made is Tito's Handmade Vodka?
- Heineken to stay "active player" in beer M&A - CFO
- Diageo's future brighter than present suggests
- Diageo's Q1 Results by Region
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- United Spirits sees Q1 net loss
- Beam Suntory, Edrington part ways in Travel Retail
- Diageo puts Beckham centre stage in Haig Club ad
- TWE unveils Penfolds range after CEO's "bold move"