just The Preview - Constellation Brands Q1
Constellation is now a brewer
Constellation Brands will report its first-quarter results on Tuesday (2 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of May.
- It was green for go this quarter as a US Department of Justice lawsuit blocking Constellation's buyout of Grupo Modelo's share in their Crown Imports JV was overcome. The deal gives the company perpetual rights to Modelo's brands in the US, as well as somewhat unexpectedly seeing it become a brewer with the takeover of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Mexican brewery. The deal was confirmed this month.
- Along the way, Constellation CEO & president Rob Sands promised plans for the Modelo brands, including hints of new products in the pipeline. He also said the Piedras Negras brewery will undergo a radical expansion, leaving Constellation self-sufficent in beer supply.
- Elsewhere, the company announced a tweak to its Svedka Vodka flavour, one that will “deliver smoother, richer, and brighter profiles”.
- There was also the appointment of a new HR chief, with Tom Kane taking over from from Keith Wilson.
For just-drinks' coverage of Constellation's FY results, released in April, click here.
For a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of Constellation's Q1 results, click here.
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2013....
Sustainable packaging gets the just-drinks management briefing treatment in this, the fourth and final part of our look at environmental sustainability in the wine sector....
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Aus wine industry pays price for past failures
- What's in store for Super Bowl 50 - Focus
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Will value-sharing in Travel Retail become reality
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- American rye whiskey sales leap 600% in five years
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research