just The Preview - Constellation Brands Q1
Constellation is now a brewer
Constellation Brands will report its first-quarter results on Tuesday (2 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of May.
- It was green for go this quarter as a US Department of Justice lawsuit blocking Constellation's buyout of Grupo Modelo's share in their Crown Imports JV was overcome. The deal gives the company perpetual rights to Modelo's brands in the US, as well as somewhat unexpectedly seeing it become a brewer with the takeover of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Mexican brewery. The deal was confirmed this month.
- Along the way, Constellation CEO & president Rob Sands promised plans for the Modelo brands, including hints of new products in the pipeline. He also said the Piedras Negras brewery will undergo a radical expansion, leaving Constellation self-sufficent in beer supply.
- Elsewhere, the company announced a tweak to its Svedka Vodka flavour, one that will “deliver smoother, richer, and brighter profiles”.
- There was also the appointment of a new HR chief, with Tom Kane taking over from from Keith Wilson.
For just-drinks' coverage of Constellation's FY results, released in April, click here.
For a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of Constellation's Q1 results, click here.
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
Global Wine industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The profile also ...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2013....
Sustainable packaging gets the just-drinks management briefing treatment in this, the fourth and final part of our look at environmental sustainability in the wine sector....
- Why did Mast-Jägermeister buy Sidney Frank?
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research