just The Preview - Constellation Brands Q1
Constellation is now a brewer
Constellation Brands will report its first-quarter results on Tuesday (2 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's highs and lows in the three months to the end of May.
- It was green for go this quarter as a US Department of Justice lawsuit blocking Constellation's buyout of Grupo Modelo's share in their Crown Imports JV was overcome. The deal gives the company perpetual rights to Modelo's brands in the US, as well as somewhat unexpectedly seeing it become a brewer with the takeover of Anheuser-Busch InBev's Mexican brewery. The deal was confirmed this month.
- Along the way, Constellation CEO & president Rob Sands promised plans for the Modelo brands, including hints of new products in the pipeline. He also said the Piedras Negras brewery will undergo a radical expansion, leaving Constellation self-sufficent in beer supply.
- Elsewhere, the company announced a tweak to its Svedka Vodka flavour, one that will “deliver smoother, richer, and brighter profiles”.
- There was also the appointment of a new HR chief, with Tom Kane taking over from from Keith Wilson.
For just-drinks' coverage of Constellation's FY results, released in April, click here.
For a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of Constellation's Q1 results, click here.
The final just-drinks management briefing of the year takes a look back at the last 12 months in the global drinks industry. The penultimate chapter in this five-part briefing reviews 2013 for wine....
The world’s second largest wine producer, Constellation Brands transformed its alcoholic drinks operations with the acquisition of Modelo’s US beer business in 2013. This profile considers strategies ...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read news stories on just-drinks in 2013....
Constellation Brands, Inc. (STZ) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compil...
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read Hot Topics on just-drinks in 2013....
Grupo Modelo S.A.B. de C.V. (GMODELOC) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been ...
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group
- Distell to take 26% stake in spirits firm KHEAL