just The Preview - Coca-Cola Co's Q4 & FY
The Coca-Cola Co will release its results this week
The Coca-Cola Co will report its fourth-quarter and final-year results tomorrow (18 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of December.
- In October, Coca-Cola countered criticism from the charity Oxfam for allegedly failing to tackle disputes over so-called land grabs to fuel the sugar trade. Oxfam had highlighted cases in Brazil and Cambodia where disagreements have arisen over property seized by sugar producers. Coca-Cola said it was working with its sugar suppliers to recognise and safeguard the rights of communities and traditional peoples. The following month, the company said it was adopting a “zero-tolerance” policy on land grabs.
- At the end of October, the company announced a new US$106m bottling plant in China's Hebei region. The 42-acre plant is part of a wider investment programme in the country.
- Also in October, the group launched a carbonated extension to its water brand Dasani in the US, Dasani Sparkling.
- In November, Coca-Cola completed its takeover of US firm Zico Beverages. The company first invested in Zico Beverages in 2009, and took majority control in 2012.
- In December, the firm announced a shake-up of its North American operations, returning it to separate business and bottler arms. The move is part of Coca-Cola's plan to restore a franchise model instead of owning bottlers.
- Also in December, the Brazilian unit of Coca-Cola was ordered to pay compensation to the Brazilian Football Confederation for the improper use of images in an advertising campaign in the country. The fine comes ahead of this year's World Cup in Brazil, but dates back to a campaign from 2009.
In Coca-Cola's Q1
- Net profits fell by 15% to US$1.75bn
- Net sales slipped by 1% to $11.04bn
- Operating profits fell by 4% to $2.4bn
In Coca-Cola's H1
- Net profits dropped by 9% to $4.43bn
- Net sales fell by 2% to $23.8bn
- Operating profits slipped by 3% to $5.65bn
In Coca-Cola's nine-month YTD
- Net profits dipped 4% to $6.87bn
- Net sales fell 2% to $35.8bn
- Operating profits dropped 6% to $8.1bn
To read a preview of Coca-Cola's Q3 results, click here.
The penultimate part of this month's sustainability management briefing, which focuses on the global brewing category, considers some of the more specific details of brewers' programmes in the coming ...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
Worries about the health and safety of sports and energy drinks continued to grow in 2013. Off-trade value sales of sports and energy drinks grew by 4% in 2013 after growing by 9% in 2012. Off-trade v...
About Bottled Water Bottled water is drinking water, which can be categorized as mineral water, still water, flavored water, and sparkling water. This is packaged in either plastic or glass bottles a...
- The category today - Scotch Whisky I
- Today's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky II
- Key Brands Performance - Scotch Whisky IV
- Tomorrow's Market Trends - Scotch Whisky III
- Category Innovations - Scotch Whisky VII
- Beam Suntory names CFO, makes structural changes
- Diageo to accept US$1m South Korea fine
- Analysts clash over AB InBev SAB Brexit impact
- Pernod switches Travel Retail Europe op's director
- AB InBev unveils Stella Artois three-packs
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China