just The Preview - Coca-Cola Co's Q4 & FY
The Coca-Cola Co will release its results this week
The Coca-Cola Co will report its fourth-quarter and final-year results tomorrow (18 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the three months to the end of December.
- In October, Coca-Cola countered criticism from the charity Oxfam for allegedly failing to tackle disputes over so-called land grabs to fuel the sugar trade. Oxfam had highlighted cases in Brazil and Cambodia where disagreements have arisen over property seized by sugar producers. Coca-Cola said it was working with its sugar suppliers to recognise and safeguard the rights of communities and traditional peoples. The following month, the company said it was adopting a “zero-tolerance” policy on land grabs.
- At the end of October, the company announced a new US$106m bottling plant in China's Hebei region. The 42-acre plant is part of a wider investment programme in the country.
- Also in October, the group launched a carbonated extension to its water brand Dasani in the US, Dasani Sparkling.
- In November, Coca-Cola completed its takeover of US firm Zico Beverages. The company first invested in Zico Beverages in 2009, and took majority control in 2012.
- In December, the firm announced a shake-up of its North American operations, returning it to separate business and bottler arms. The move is part of Coca-Cola's plan to restore a franchise model instead of owning bottlers.
- Also in December, the Brazilian unit of Coca-Cola was ordered to pay compensation to the Brazilian Football Confederation for the improper use of images in an advertising campaign in the country. The fine comes ahead of this year's World Cup in Brazil, but dates back to a campaign from 2009.
In Coca-Cola's Q1
- Net profits fell by 15% to US$1.75bn
- Net sales slipped by 1% to $11.04bn
- Operating profits fell by 4% to $2.4bn
In Coca-Cola's H1
- Net profits dropped by 9% to $4.43bn
- Net sales fell by 2% to $23.8bn
- Operating profits slipped by 3% to $5.65bn
In Coca-Cola's nine-month YTD
- Net profits dipped 4% to $6.87bn
- Net sales fell 2% to $35.8bn
- Operating profits dropped 6% to $8.1bn
To read a preview of Coca-Cola's Q3 results, click here.
The Future of the UK Alcoholic Drinks Packaging to 2017
The report provides in-depth quantitative data on retail alcoholic drinks packaging, covering key segmentations such as pack material and type, closure material and type, outer and multi-pack informat...read more
The penultimate part of this month's sustainability management briefing, which focuses on the global brewing category, considers some of the more specific details of brewers' programmes in the coming ...
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
- Spirits - Where does 'Craft' End and 'Mass' Begin?
- Brewers go Crazy over Flavoured Malt “Cocktails”
- Mike’s Hard Lemonade Could Be a Hard Sell
- just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q4 & FY
- Focus - Suntory Holdings' FY Performance
- Diageo "smart bottle" targets consumers at home
- Suntory whiskey seeks to "eclipse" Diageo, Pernod
- Tesco reinstates Dan Jago following suspension
- Diageo adds Dubai to Johnnie Walker skyline series
- Asahi Beverages CEO to step down - report
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Wine, 2014 and the future
- Spirits and RTDs, 2014 and the future
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report