just The Preview - Coca-Cola Company Q2 & H1
Coca-Cola will report second-quarter and first-half numbers tomorrow (16 July)
The Coca-Cola Co will report its second-quarter and first-half numbers tomorrow (16 July). Here just-drinks takes a look at the group's activities and progress in the three months to the end of and June.
- In a further nod to health-conscious consumers, the company launched a caffeine-free version of its sugar-free Coca-Cola Zero in April.
- Later that month, the company extended its anti-obesity advertising drive by rolling-out the campaign to Canada.
- In May, the soft drinks producer made a pledge not to advertise to under-12s as it said it wanted to be “part of the solution” on obesity .
- In China, a senior Coca-Cola executive said the group is aiming to make the Asian market its biggest “soon”.
- In the UK, the Office of Fair Trading gave the green light for the company's full takeover of smoothie maker Innocent.
- At the start of June, Coca-Cola confirmed it had started bottling its products in Myanmar for the first time in 60 years.
- The group launched a “mid-calorie” product in Argentina containing stevia – Coca-Cola Life.
In Coca-Cola's Q1
- Net profits fell by 15% to US$1.75bn
- Net sales slipped by 1% to $11.04bn
- Operating profits fell by 4% to $2.4bn
To read just-drinks rundown of the group's first-quarter ups and downs, click here.
For a full round-up of just-drinks' coverage of Coca-Cola Co's H1 results, click here.
The American Beverage Association (ABA) has said a report that claims US soft drinks makers are ahead of a calorie cut-back plan proves public and private sector co-operation can produce "real, tangib...
- What's coming up in beer in 2017? - Comment
- Chile's winemakers caught out by Brexit "disease"
- What's coming up in spirits in 2017? - Comment
- Interview - Pernod Ricard's luxury director
- The just-drinks Analyst - 2017 forecasts
- Suntory sends staff to fat camp - report
- A-B InBev acquires Spain's Cervezas La Virgen
- Diageo closes spirits e-commerce portal in UK
- Former Stoli Group CEO joins Perfect Vodka owner
- Pernod Ricard's Absolut Lime - NPD
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Opportunities in Craft Spirits