just The Preview - C&C Group H1
C&C Group will release its H1 results on Wednesday
C&C Group will report its first-half results on Wednesday (30 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the company's highs and lows in the six months to the end of June.
- In January, the company's flagship cider brand, Magners, signed a shirt sponsorship deal with Scotland's Celtic Football Club in a three-year deal. The deal started this season.
- C&C Group is part of the National Association of Cidermakers, which in January renewed calls for the UK Government to show restraint on regulation and tax to help boost the industry's burgeoning exports.
- In February, Ireland's central bank levied a EUR90,000 (US$122,000) against C&C Group for failing to keep an up-to-date "insider" list. C&C said it had taken steps to change its practices and procedures.
- In March, C&C Group completed its EUR12.4m (US$16m) acquisition of the Gleeson Group in Ireland. Gleeson is the largest distributor of packaged long alcoholic drinks (LADs) to Ireland's on-trade.
- In the same month, C&C Group took a 50% stake in Scotland-based wines and spirits wholesaler Wallaces Express for an undisclosed sum.
- Also in March, C&C Group CEO Stephen Glancey told delegates at a conference in London that the company can still find growth in Ireland and the UK alongside new demand in the US and Australia.
- Magners received a marketing boost in April when C&C launched a “multi-million pound campaign” for the brand throughout Ireland.
Earlier this month, private equity fund KPS Capital Partners committed to pay Ardagh Glass a not inconsiderable sum of money for Anchor Glass. But, will it be money well spent? Richard Corbett investi...
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Kirin eyes expansion after Byron Bay Brewing buy
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?