just The Preview - C&C Group FY
C&C Group will report its full-year results tomorrow
C&C Group will report its full-year results tomorrow (15 May). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the 12 months to the end of February.
- In March last year, Stephen Glancey, C&C Group's CEO, predicted US cider could go the same way as the country's thriving craft beer sector. As the head of the number two player in the US cider market, after its acquisition of Hornsby's in 2011, Glancey can be expected to be confident. But he might want to listen to the CEO of Boston Beer Co, Martin Roper, who said last month cider is unlikely to ever be more than a “niche” category in the US.
- In March 2012, just-drinks revealed C&C is to exit the white cider category in the UK over the long-term. The company took over the Diamond White white cider label when it bought The Gaymer Cider Co in 2009.
- Glancey is that rare voice in the drinks industry – one that isn't against plans to introduce minimum pricing in the UK and Ireland. Last May, he said his group is well placed to absorb any changes, and could even benefit from them in the on-trade.
- Last August, an analyst said C&C should keep an eye out for more acquisitions despite a tough first quarter. “"We estimate that the right deal could add over 10% to earnings,” Nomura said.
- It didn't take C&C long to heed the call - the next month it announced a deal to acquire US-based craft cider producer Vermont Hard Cider Company...
- … and in November, agreed to acquire Irish drinks firm Gleeson Group.
- In February this year, C&C Group said it had changed its business practices after it was fined EUR90,000 (US$122,000) by Ireland's central bank for failing to keep an up-to-date "insider" list.
Future forecasts and historic market data can improve market and strategic planning- Understand which channels and products will be the major winners and losers in the coming years. Know the share of...
This report provides the results for the Spirits market in India from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an over...
This report provides the results for the Spirits market in the UK from Canadean’s unique, highly detailed study of consumers’ Consumer Packaged Goods (CPG) consumption habits, and forms part of an ove...
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Fireball Recall: Putting Out Fire with Anti-Freeze
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- Diageo unveils Ciroc in Times Square push
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research