just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
Carlsberg will release its results on Wednesday
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
- In April, Carlsberg said it had agreed to buy a majority stake in Czech brewer Zatecky Pivovar as it targets demand in Europe for Czech beer.
- Also in April, Brooklyn Brewery and Carlsberg started production at a new joint brewery in Sweden.
- On 8 April, Carlsberg unveiled alcoholic lemonade Seth & Riley's Garage in a bid to bridge the gap between sweet beverages and beer.
- Later in the month, Carlsberg bought a 51% stake in MayBev, the exclusive distributor for Ashai in Singapore.
- In an interview with just-drinks in May, a Carlsberg executive claimed that Western European firms lag behind their Eastern Europe and Asia counterparts in digital marketing.
- In the same month, Carlsberg's UK unit said it was to offer a new portfolio of 28 craft beers through its on-trade distribution business.
In Carlsberg's Q1s:
- Net profits (adjusted) up 4.9% to DKK2.2bn (US$404m)
- Net sales rise 2.5% to DK32.9bn
- Operating profits inch up 1.3% to DKK4.1bn
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Does alcohol accelerate the onset of dementia?
- Pernod's mood darkens over India - Analysis
- Why Scotch must drop the 'malts good, blends bad'
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- Distell acquires majority stake in Cruz Vodka
- Diageo to cut 105 jobs in Scotland, 50 in Italy
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?