just The Preview - Carlsberg Q2 & H1
Carlsberg will update on its financial performance on Wednesday
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday (21 August). Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
- In April, the group confirmed plans to cut the abv of its Tuborg lager in the UK from 4.6% to 4% to make the brand more "accessible".
- Later in the month, the Danish firm revealed that the senior VP at its Asia division had decided to quit.
- In May, a pear variant of Carlsberg's Somersby cider brand was launched in Czech.
- An analyst suggested Carlsberg, as well as Molson Coors, were the best placed of the mutli-national brewers to weather the threat from craft producers.
- The company's San Miguel Fresca and Citrus lager brands were given a fresh push with their TV advertising debuts in the UK.
- In June, the brewer's Bulgarian unit said it was launching a lemon version of its Pirinsko beer as part of a BGN5m (US$3.4m) investment in the brand and its Blagoevrad brewery.
- Also in June, reports from Ukraine saw the brewer suggesting it would have to close down one of its three breweries in the country, if a planned tax hike went ahead.
- In India, meanwhile, the group launched a "strong" fruit-flavoured version of its Tuborg brand.
- Then, at the end of the month, the company got behind a major new campaign to support the UK beer industry.
- Net profits came in at DKK62m (US$10.9m) against a DKK76m loss a year earlier
- Net sales rose 3.9% to DKK13.28bn
- Operating profits grew by 15.1% to DKK661m
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The 2012 acquisition of StarBev raised Molson Coors from ninth to seventh in the global beer market and significantly expanded its international coverage. This profile analyses the opportunities deriv...
The world’s fourth largest brewer, Carlsberg is working to reduce its reliance on struggling European markets. This profile considers the company’s decision to focus on emerging Asian markets and anal...
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages