just The Preview - Carlsberg Q2 & H1
Carlsberg will update on its financial performance on Wednesday
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday (21 August). Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
- In April, the group confirmed plans to cut the abv of its Tuborg lager in the UK from 4.6% to 4% to make the brand more "accessible".
- Later in the month, the Danish firm revealed that the senior VP at its Asia division had decided to quit.
- In May, a pear variant of Carlsberg's Somersby cider brand was launched in Czech.
- An analyst suggested Carlsberg, as well as Molson Coors, were the best placed of the mutli-national brewers to weather the threat from craft producers.
- The company's San Miguel Fresca and Citrus lager brands were given a fresh push with their TV advertising debuts in the UK.
- In June, the brewer's Bulgarian unit said it was launching a lemon version of its Pirinsko beer as part of a BGN5m (US$3.4m) investment in the brand and its Blagoevrad brewery.
- Also in June, reports from Ukraine saw the brewer suggesting it would have to close down one of its three breweries in the country, if a planned tax hike went ahead.
- In India, meanwhile, the group launched a "strong" fruit-flavoured version of its Tuborg brand.
- Then, at the end of the month, the company got behind a major new campaign to support the UK beer industry.
- Net profits came in at DKK62m (US$10.9m) against a DKK76m loss a year earlier
- Net sales rose 3.9% to DKK13.28bn
- Operating profits grew by 15.1% to DKK661m
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Molson Coors Brewing Company (TAP) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been comp...
Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Globa...
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Coca-Cola secures US$2.15bn stake in Monster
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- AG Barr poaches Diageo exec to be FD