just The Preview - Carlsberg Q2 & H1
Carlsberg will update on its financial performance on Wednesday
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday (21 August). Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
- In April, the group confirmed plans to cut the abv of its Tuborg lager in the UK from 4.6% to 4% to make the brand more "accessible".
- Later in the month, the Danish firm revealed that the senior VP at its Asia division had decided to quit.
- In May, a pear variant of Carlsberg's Somersby cider brand was launched in Czech.
- An analyst suggested Carlsberg, as well as Molson Coors, were the best placed of the mutli-national brewers to weather the threat from craft producers.
- The company's San Miguel Fresca and Citrus lager brands were given a fresh push with their TV advertising debuts in the UK.
- In June, the brewer's Bulgarian unit said it was launching a lemon version of its Pirinsko beer as part of a BGN5m (US$3.4m) investment in the brand and its Blagoevrad brewery.
- Also in June, reports from Ukraine saw the brewer suggesting it would have to close down one of its three breweries in the country, if a planned tax hike went ahead.
- In India, meanwhile, the group launched a "strong" fruit-flavoured version of its Tuborg brand.
- Then, at the end of the month, the company got behind a major new campaign to support the UK beer industry.
- Net profits came in at DKK62m (US$10.9m) against a DKK76m loss a year earlier
- Net sales rose 3.9% to DKK13.28bn
- Operating profits grew by 15.1% to DKK661m
- Job cuts not the whole story at AB InBev - Comment
- Diageo's smart Seedlip sustainability move
- Pernod Ricard Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Why Vietnam is the next beer battleground
- Brown-Forman Q1 2017 results - Preview
- AB InBev to cull 5,500 jobs after SABMiller buy
- CEO Paul Schaafsma set to leave Accolade Wines
- Diageo revamps Gordon's gin bottle in UK
- Heineken unveils new mid-strength lager Heineken 3
- US on-premise at "new normal" - research
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review