just The Preview - Carlsberg Q2 & H1
Carlsberg will update on its financial performance on Wednesday
Carlsberg will release it first-half and second-quarter results on Wednesday (21 August). Here just-drinks takes a look at the brewer's news in the three months to the end of June.
- In April, the group confirmed plans to cut the abv of its Tuborg lager in the UK from 4.6% to 4% to make the brand more "accessible".
- Later in the month, the Danish firm revealed that the senior VP at its Asia division had decided to quit.
- In May, a pear variant of Carlsberg's Somersby cider brand was launched in Czech.
- An analyst suggested Carlsberg, as well as Molson Coors, were the best placed of the mutli-national brewers to weather the threat from craft producers.
- The company's San Miguel Fresca and Citrus lager brands were given a fresh push with their TV advertising debuts in the UK.
- In June, the brewer's Bulgarian unit said it was launching a lemon version of its Pirinsko beer as part of a BGN5m (US$3.4m) investment in the brand and its Blagoevrad brewery.
- Also in June, reports from Ukraine saw the brewer suggesting it would have to close down one of its three breweries in the country, if a planned tax hike went ahead.
- In India, meanwhile, the group launched a "strong" fruit-flavoured version of its Tuborg brand.
- Then, at the end of the month, the company got behind a major new campaign to support the UK beer industry.
- Net profits came in at DKK62m (US$10.9m) against a DKK76m loss a year earlier
- Net sales rose 3.9% to DKK13.28bn
- Operating profits grew by 15.1% to DKK661m
Beer in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Where Beer is Brewed Can Leave a Bad Taste
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Analysis - Storm clouds lift over Diageo Towers
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Former Bacardi exec takes De Kuyper CEO role
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research