just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q4 & FY
Brown-Forman will release its full-year results on Wednesday
Brown-Forman will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Wednesday (4 June). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of April:
- In March, the company released a limited-edition bottle design for it Woodford Reserve Bourbon brand to mark its long-running association with the Kentucky Derby.
- Later in the month, a UK newspaper suggested that Bacardi is lining up a move for Brown-Forman to plug its Bourbon gap. just-drinks' managing editor Olly Wehring wrote that the family-backed Brown-Forman is unlikely to sell.
- Also in March, the group announced the release of a cinnamon-flavoured extension of its Jack Daniel's US whiskey brand. Jack Daniel’s Tennessee Fire will be trialled in three US states.
- The group got into a war of words with Diageo in mid-March after the UK company backed proposed changes to Tennessee whiskey's production rules. A company VP accused Diageo of trying to weaken global growth in North American whiskey because it threatens Scotch sales. The spat is likely to resume later this year after the Tennessee General Assembly voted to send the proposed changes to a summer study committee.
- In April, the Kentucky-headquartered firm declined to comment on media speculation it was eyeing a bid for Remy Cointreau.
- There was further innovation within the Jack Daniel's portfolio with the launch of a barrel-matured rye expression.
In the first nine months of the company's fiscal year:
- Net profits climb by 10% to US$526m
- Net sales increase by 4.6% to $3.05bn
- Operating profits rise by 8.6% to $783m
- Net profits rise 9% to $349m
- Net sales up 4% to $1.98bn
- Operating profits climb 9% to $528m
- Net profits slip by 3% to $143m
- Net sales inch up by 2% to $896m
- Operating profits dip by 2% to $217m
With the end of the year looming, just-drinks is running a series of 'Top Tens of the Year' in the run-up to Christmas. Here are the ten most read comment pieces by just-drinks' editor, Olly Wehring, ...
Brown-Forman Corporation - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service...
Diageo plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and...
Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part V: Wine
- just Five Years Ago - Belvedere Group's Bumpy Ride
- just the Ten - Editor's Viewpoints of 2014
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Campari to bag EUR19m with "non-core" assets sale
- Pernod agrees Caribe Cooler sale to Grupo Bepensa
- Pernod wins consent for Glenlivet upgrade
- Thailand pulls back from New Year alcohol ban