just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q2 & H1
Brown-Forman will report its half-year results on Wednesday
On Wednesday, Brown-Forman will report its second-quarter and first-half results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of October:
- In early August, the company announced the re-introduction of its Jack Daniel's Sinatra variant in the UK
- In the US, a new TV ad was launched for the group's Southern Comfort brand
- At the end of August, Brown-Forman revealed details of a new campaign to celebrate Jack Daniel's birthday
- In September, a new variant of the brand was launched in the US
- The same month, the company revealed details of a new distillery for its Old Forester Bourbon brand
- In October, Woodford Reserve variant, Double Oaked was launched into the UK on-trade
- Later in the month, Brown-Forman announced details of a new, year-long, share buyback scheme
- Net profits rose by 4.9% to US$150m
- Net sales were up by 2.8% to $921m
- Operating profits increaseed by 1.8% to $221m
This latest global category insights report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests that: "Liqueurs brand owners need to shout about the crucial role their products play in classic and modern cocktail recipes ...
Brown-Forman has said it will "vigorously" contest a lawsuit issued by Sazerac over advertising practices for Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire....
Brown-Forman has updated the packaging for its Collingwood Canadian whisky brand in the US....
Diageo has declared itself satisfied with its absence from the Irish whiskey segment, admitting that a future Bourbon play would appeal....
- Ten questions for Diageo - Analysis
- Have spirits companies forgotten the mainstream?
- How craft beer has shattered its US shackles
- Ashwagandha - The next functional drinks trend?
- New CEO sparks optimism at Coca-Cola - Analysis
- Moet Hennessy unaffected by LVMH Dior buy
- BrewDog moves into spirits with LoneWolf launch
- Portman Group heads to Tesco for new chief exec
- William Grant names Europe & NA Travel Retail head
- Johnnie Walker Bourbon Cask & Rye Finish - NPD
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Champagne and sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Craft Beer: Coming of Age or Past Its Prime?
- Myanmar - ISA Country Report