just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q2 & H1
Brown-Forman will report its half-year results on Wednesday
On Wednesday, Brown-Forman will report its second-quarter and first-half results. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the company's performance in the three months to the end of October:
- In early August, the company announced the re-introduction of its Jack Daniel's Sinatra variant in the UK
- In the US, a new TV ad was launched for the group's Southern Comfort brand
- At the end of August, Brown-Forman revealed details of a new campaign to celebrate Jack Daniel's birthday
- In September, a new variant of the brand was launched in the US
- The same month, the company revealed details of a new distillery for its Old Forester Bourbon brand
- In October, Woodford Reserve variant, Double Oaked was launched into the UK on-trade
- Later in the month, Brown-Forman announced details of a new, year-long, share buyback scheme
- Net profits rose by 4.9% to US$150m
- Net sales were up by 2.8% to $921m
- Operating profits increaseed by 1.8% to $221m
This latest global category insights report from just-drinks/IWSR suggests that: "Liqueurs brand owners need to shout about the crucial role their products play in classic and modern cocktail recipes ...
Brown-Forman has said it will "vigorously" contest a lawsuit issued by Sazerac over advertising practices for Jack Daniel's Tennessee Fire....
Brown-Forman has updated the packaging for its Collingwood Canadian whisky brand in the US....
Diageo has declared itself satisfied with its absence from the Irish whiskey segment, admitting that a future Bourbon play would appeal....
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Diageo Africa president O'Keeffe on beer & spirits
- Travel Retail needs a disruptor - Comment
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Is sustainability now as important as financials?
- Diageo ready to lock horns with AB InBev in Africa
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Diageo unveils Blender's Batch in the US
- Heineken mulls M&A with $1.75bn notes issue
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirit Market in the Top 5 European Countries to 2021 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts