just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
Brown-Forman will release its Q1 results tomorrow
Brown-Forman will report its first-quarter results tomorrow (28 August). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of July:
- In May, the initial success of Jack Daniel's extension, Tennessee Honey, was underlined when it took ninth spot on a list of the ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US.
- The brand Jack Daniel's also took sixth position in the annual Intangible Business “Power 100” list of the world's strongest. Its strength, especially overseas, saw Brown-Forman last week announce a US$100m upgrade at its Lynchburg distillery to up Jack Daniel's production.
- Bourbon has been another beneficiary of growing overseas demand, and in July, Brown-Forman announced a US$35m expansion at its Woodford Reserve Bourbon distillery.
- An analyst said the Southern Comfort brand remains in trouble, following full-year results, despite a well-received ad campaign that Brown-Forman argues has turned around US sales. In an interview with just-drinks, brand managers maintained they had high hopes the ad will do the same in slumping overseas markets. With a new RTD extension out in the quarter, Southern Comfort will be one of the more intriguing aspects of tomorrow's Q1 numbers.
- In July, Brown-Forman showed it was getting behind Jack Daniel's Tennesee Honey with a new US TV ad.
The third part of this month's management briefing, in which Euromonitor considers the year ahead for the global drinks industry, sees Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis look at the spirits cate...
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Focus - Remy Cointreau's YTD Performance by Brand
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Price drops would damage our DNA - Remy Cointreau
- A Dangerous World and the Threat to Beverages
- Moët Hennessy unveils first Travel Retail outlet
- Pernod unveils Jameson bottle for St Patrick's Day
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Remy eases declines as China hints at recovery
- SABMiller beer volumes fall as China holds back Q3
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future