just The Preview - Brown-Forman Q1
Brown-Forman will release its Q1 results tomorrow
Brown-Forman will report its first-quarter results tomorrow (28 August). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of July:
- In May, the initial success of Jack Daniel's extension, Tennessee Honey, was underlined when it took ninth spot on a list of the ten fastest-growing spirits brands in the US.
- The brand Jack Daniel's also took sixth position in the annual Intangible Business “Power 100” list of the world's strongest. Its strength, especially overseas, saw Brown-Forman last week announce a US$100m upgrade at its Lynchburg distillery to up Jack Daniel's production.
- Bourbon has been another beneficiary of growing overseas demand, and in July, Brown-Forman announced a US$35m expansion at its Woodford Reserve Bourbon distillery.
- An analyst said the Southern Comfort brand remains in trouble, following full-year results, despite a well-received ad campaign that Brown-Forman argues has turned around US sales. In an interview with just-drinks, brand managers maintained they had high hopes the ad will do the same in slumping overseas markets. With a new RTD extension out in the quarter, Southern Comfort will be one of the more intriguing aspects of tomorrow's Q1 numbers.
- In July, Brown-Forman showed it was getting behind Jack Daniel's Tennesee Honey with a new US TV ad.
The third part of this month's management briefing, in which Euromonitor considers the year ahead for the global drinks industry, sees Jeremy Cunnington and Spiros Malandrakis look at the spirits cate...
If Scotch sales receive an end-of-year bump this month, there's a good chance it is from whisky executives toasting a banner year for the brown stuff....
- Are we about to see a no-alcohol Heineken?
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- A-B InBev's Global Presence - just The Facts
- Concha y Toro's H1 performance - Focus
- Heineken integrates cider and beer
- The Glenlivet leapfrogs Glenfiddich
- “New normal” sees Pernod target premium in China
- Diageo strengthens Charmer Sunbelt distribution
- Pernod Ricard keen to stem Absolut US declines
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review