just The Preview - Brown-Forman FY & Q4
Brown-Forman will release its full-year results on Wednesday
Brown-Forman will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Wednesday (5 June). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the year to the end of April and its performance in recent quarters.
- After Brown-Forman posted a healthy set of YTD numbers in February, analysts Nomura suggested the company could be looking at strengthening its presence in Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y. No immediate acquisitions are likely, however, as in December the company paid out a large dividend to shareholders.
- In April, Brown-Forman replaced Suntory as the Jägermeister distributor in Australia. Brand owner Mast-Jägermeister said the US firm will take the label to “the next level”.
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey's production manager announced his retirement after 11 years in the job. Tommy Beam, who joined Brown-Forman in 1965, will be replaced on 31 July.
- In a reflection of the success Brown-Forman is finding in its super and ultra-premium whiskey portfolio, the group launched the first TV campaign for Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey since the brand was launched in 1988.
In Brown-Forman's YTD,
- Profits were up by 17% to US$478m
- Net sales rose by 4% to $2.92bn
- Operating profits lifted by 13% to $721.1m
- Net profits rose by 16% to US$320.5m
- H1 net sales rise increased2% to $1.89bn
- Operating profits jumped by 12% to $484m
- Net profits rose by 25% to $147.5m
- Net sales went up by 4% to $878.1m
- Operating profits lifted by 19% to $221.7m
Brown-Forman Corporation (BF.B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compile...
Canadean's "Brown-Forman Corporation : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile cont...
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
- Pernod's Portman Group penalty - a coincidence?
- A tobacco analogy soft drinks will want to embrace
- just The Preview - SABMiller's Q1
- Comment - Coke Life: Hit or Miss?
- just Five Years Ago: A-B InBev sells Oriental
- Diageo faces public consultation over W&M sale
- Remy posts Q1 sales drop as Edrington loss bites
- Bacardi to fight US football team legal action
- William Grant silent on Drambuie bid talk
- Pernod Ricard swings at Portman Group