just The Preview - Brown-Forman FY & Q4
Brown-Forman will release its full-year results on Wednesday
Brown-Forman will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Wednesday (5 June). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the year to the end of April and its performance in recent quarters.
- After Brown-Forman posted a healthy set of YTD numbers in February, analysts Nomura suggested the company could be looking at strengthening its presence in Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y. No immediate acquisitions are likely, however, as in December the company paid out a large dividend to shareholders.
- In April, Brown-Forman replaced Suntory as the Jägermeister distributor in Australia. Brand owner Mast-Jägermeister said the US firm will take the label to “the next level”.
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey's production manager announced his retirement after 11 years in the job. Tommy Beam, who joined Brown-Forman in 1965, will be replaced on 31 July.
- In a reflection of the success Brown-Forman is finding in its super and ultra-premium whiskey portfolio, the group launched the first TV campaign for Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey since the brand was launched in 1988.
In Brown-Forman's YTD,
- Profits were up by 17% to US$478m
- Net sales rose by 4% to $2.92bn
- Operating profits lifted by 13% to $721.1m
- Net profits rose by 16% to US$320.5m
- H1 net sales rise increased2% to $1.89bn
- Operating profits jumped by 12% to $484m
- Net profits rose by 25% to $147.5m
- Net sales went up by 4% to $878.1m
- Operating profits lifted by 19% to $221.7m
- Five ways small brands can beat big players
- Pernod Ricard Q1 2017 results by region, brand
- Interview, Bulldog Gin CEO Anshuman Vohra, Pt II
- Interview, Bulldog Gin founder Anshuman Vohra
- The end is nigh for Global Travel Retail - Comment
- Stumbling UK Pound prompts Conviviality price hike
- Edrington’s The Macallan 40 Year Old - NPD
- Bacardi rolls out new Oakheart rum packs to US
- AB InBev fund ZX Ventures buys homebrew co
- Diageo most at risk to Thai alcohol ban - analyst
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Wine Market 2016-2020
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends