just The Preview - Brown-Forman FY & Q4
Brown-Forman will release its full-year results on Wednesday
Brown-Forman will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Wednesday (5 June). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the year to the end of April and its performance in recent quarters.
- After Brown-Forman posted a healthy set of YTD numbers in February, analysts Nomura suggested the company could be looking at strengthening its presence in Scotch and Irish whisk(e)y. No immediate acquisitions are likely, however, as in December the company paid out a large dividend to shareholders.
- In April, Brown-Forman replaced Suntory as the Jägermeister distributor in Australia. Brand owner Mast-Jägermeister said the US firm will take the label to “the next level”.
- Jack Daniel's Tennessee Whiskey's production manager announced his retirement after 11 years in the job. Tommy Beam, who joined Brown-Forman in 1965, will be replaced on 31 July.
- In a reflection of the success Brown-Forman is finding in its super and ultra-premium whiskey portfolio, the group launched the first TV campaign for Gentleman Jack Rare Tennessee Whiskey since the brand was launched in 1988.
In Brown-Forman's YTD,
- Profits were up by 17% to US$478m
- Net sales rose by 4% to $2.92bn
- Operating profits lifted by 13% to $721.1m
- Net profits rose by 16% to US$320.5m
- H1 net sales rise increased2% to $1.89bn
- Operating profits jumped by 12% to $484m
- Net profits rose by 25% to $147.5m
- Net sales went up by 4% to $878.1m
- Operating profits lifted by 19% to $221.7m
Through much of the review period, Brown-Forman has struggled for growth. However, in 2012 its rate of growth picked up as the early results of its 10-year plan, announced in 2010, started to show as ...
The Scandinavian Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). Th...
The G8 Soft Drinks industry guide provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2008-12, and forecast to 2017). The guide al...
- Bacardi Seeks Own History at Bombay Sapphire Home
- NPD: The Craft Cocktail Revolution
- No Home Comfort for TWE as Bids Collapse
- Private-equity bids "over" - TWE head
- Interview - WoSA chief executive
- Suntory Holdings to split beer, spirits division
- Diageo's Smirnoff Sours
- Anheuser-Busch InBev appoints new AmBev CEO
- 'Carlsberg suspends production at Russian brewery'
- Treasury Wine Estates pulls plug on takeover talks