just The Preview - Britvic Q2 & H1
Britvic announces its H1 results on Wednesday
Britvic will report its first-half results on Wednesday (22 May). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the six-month period and some of its recent financial results.
- Britvic must have hoped to be celebrating the successful completion of its AG Barr merger in this upcoming results announcement. Regulators, however, put paid to that. Despite Britvic shareholders approving the deal in January, a few days later the UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) said it needed more time to study it. In February, the OFT referred the deal to the Competition Commission and the process was suddenly derailed. But with both Britvic and Barr still keen to revive the merger, there is hope the two companies can amalgamate at a later date.
- Britvic was one of three UK drinks companies in January to sign up to the government's anti-obesity drive and agree to cut calories in their products by up to one-tenth.
- In March, an analyst said Britvic is on course for recovery thanks to its Fruit Shoot brand returning to full distribution following last year's costly recall.
In Britvic's Q1,
- Group sales were up by 4.8% to GBP303.2m (US$481.5m)
- GB sales rose by 5.4%
- International sales were up by 35.6%
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The company is focused on following three main strategies in 2013 in order to maintain its presence as one of the leading soft drinks manufacturers in the UK. These are innovation, increased distribut...
Barr (AG) Plc is focused on joining forces with Britvic Soft Drinks Ltd to become a joint partner company in what is expected to be the largest European soft drinks company. The formulation of the mer...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Comment - Heineken's move for Pivovarna Lasko
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Belvedere unveils executive team
- Stock Spirits recruits Drambuie head for MD role