just The Preview - Britvic Q2 & H1
Britvic announces its H1 results on Wednesday
Britvic will report its first-half results on Wednesday (22 May). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the six-month period and some of its recent financial results.
- Britvic must have hoped to be celebrating the successful completion of its AG Barr merger in this upcoming results announcement. Regulators, however, put paid to that. Despite Britvic shareholders approving the deal in January, a few days later the UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) said it needed more time to study it. In February, the OFT referred the deal to the Competition Commission and the process was suddenly derailed. But with both Britvic and Barr still keen to revive the merger, there is hope the two companies can amalgamate at a later date.
- Britvic was one of three UK drinks companies in January to sign up to the government's anti-obesity drive and agree to cut calories in their products by up to one-tenth.
- In March, an analyst said Britvic is on course for recovery thanks to its Fruit Shoot brand returning to full distribution following last year's costly recall.
In Britvic's Q1,
- Group sales were up by 4.8% to GBP303.2m (US$481.5m)
- GB sales rose by 5.4%
- International sales were up by 35.6%
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- Is there a future for the global beer brand?
- How soft drinks can win big with adult consumers
- Global director int'l brands, Heineken - Interview
- Non-Scotch Whisky Essentials, Part I
- The UK Referendum - just-drinks Live Blog
- Absolut rebound paints rosy picture for Pernod
- SABMiller confirms price paid for Meantime
- Aldi dealt alcohol sales blow in Australia
- Maxxium eyes US$1.4bn opportunity in UK spirits
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends