just The Preview - Britvic Q2 & H1
Britvic announces its H1 results on Wednesday
Britvic will report its first-half results on Wednesday (22 May). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the six-month period and some of its recent financial results.
- Britvic must have hoped to be celebrating the successful completion of its AG Barr merger in this upcoming results announcement. Regulators, however, put paid to that. Despite Britvic shareholders approving the deal in January, a few days later the UK's Office of Fair Trading (OFT) said it needed more time to study it. In February, the OFT referred the deal to the Competition Commission and the process was suddenly derailed. But with both Britvic and Barr still keen to revive the merger, there is hope the two companies can amalgamate at a later date.
- Britvic was one of three UK drinks companies in January to sign up to the government's anti-obesity drive and agree to cut calories in their products by up to one-tenth.
- In March, an analyst said Britvic is on course for recovery thanks to its Fruit Shoot brand returning to full distribution following last year's costly recall.
In Britvic's Q1,
- Group sales were up by 4.8% to GBP303.2m (US$481.5m)
- GB sales rose by 5.4%
- International sales were up by 35.6%
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Scotch whisky sees sales turn corner - SWA head
- Former Pernod Ricard exec joins Wakefield Wines
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research