just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's Q3 & YTD
A-B InBev will report Q3 numbers on Thursday (31 October)
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports its third-quarter and year-to-date results on Thursday (31 October). Here just-drinks takes a look at the Leuven-headquartered group's fortunes in the last quarter.
- In July, the company settled a legal dispute in the UK with London's Belleville Brewing Company. A-B InBev was concerned that the micobrewer's brands would be confused with its Belgian fruit-flavoured beer Belle-Vue.
- Mexico's competition watchdog approved commitments made by A-B InBev-owned Grupo Modelo after a long-running legal case initiated by SABMiller. However, the UK-headquartered brewer was not pleased with the ruling, suggesting it may not be the end of the matter.
- AmBev, A-B InBev's Brazilian unit, announced plans to invest US$140m in its Lages brewery in south Brazil.
- In September, it was revealed that plans by AmBev to merge its two classes of shares into a single stock had been delayed.
In the first six months of 2013:
- First-half net profits fell 6.4% to $3.4bn
- H1 net sales rose 2.9% to $19.8bn
- Operating profits in H1 were up 2.4% to $7.3bn
As we start our annual series of management briefings that focus on environmental sustainability, Ben Cooper looks at the importance of integrating the issue into all aspect of a company's operations ...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
In the third part of this month's management briefing, Ben Cooper reviews the environmental sustainability of three of the world's biggest brewers: Anheuser-Busch InBev, Carlsberg and Diageo....
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
As just-drinks publishes its latest on-trend report, which focuses on the craft beer sub-category, Larry Nelson ponders the future for the segment in its biggest market, the US....
The NAFTA Beer industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, retail market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The pro...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages