just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
A-B InBev will release its first-half results on Thursday
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports its second-quarter and half-year results on Thursday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the Leuven-headquartered group's fortunes in the three month from April to June.
- On 1 April, A-B InBev finalised its US$5.3bn repurchase of South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB). For a run-down of the five-year full circle the brewer took after it sold OB to a private-equity group, click here.
- In the same month, A-B InBev acquired Chinese brewer Siping Ginsber Draft Beer Co. Ginsber is China's eight-largest brewer.
- Also in April, former A-B InBev senior marketing director Mark Hegedus was appointed to lead the company's newly-acquired asset, Blue Point Brewing Co.
- In May, it was revealed that unionised brewery workers at A-B InBev's US unit, Anheuser-Busch, will get an extra US$24,000 in wages and benefits over the next five years after signing a new contract.
- A-B InBev in May lined up a global campaign for Stella Artois that highlights the brand's sponsorship of sporting and cultural events.
- Later in the same month, the brewer released another global TV ad in its Budweiser brand's World Cup campaign.
- In June, Anheuser-Busch confirmed it plans to test launch the Mexican lager brand Montejo in the US later this year.
- Also in June, A-B InBev bowed to pressure from a US blogger and a 50,000-strong petition by revealing online the ingredients it uses in its beers.
- Towards the end of the month, an Austrian asset manager that sold its “socially responsible” stock in A-B InBev said the brewer could return to favour if it elects more independent directors to its board.
In Q1 results:
- Net profits were down 23.6% to US$1.42bn
- Net sales increased by 8.9% to $10.6bn
- Operating profits rose 10.8% to $3.88bn
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Beer in Asia-Pacific industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also conta...
Beer in Brazil industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
Beer in Canada industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contains de...
- Craft spirits shake-out will be just the beginning
- How Treasury is rewriting the rule book - Comment
- Drinkable yogurt - The next drinks opportunity
- Coca-Cola India suspends bottling operations
- Has Diet Coke passed its sell-by date? - Comment
- Diageo brands need "fixing and nurturing" - TWE
- SAB shareholders granted AB InBev vote split
- Diageo's Guinness Rye Pale Ale - NPD
- Craft Brew Alliance poised for AB InBev takeover?
- Pernod Ricard wins Ron Matusalem 'Cuba' legal row
- The Next Seven Big Beverage Markets
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Carlsberg AS (CARL B) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages