just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev's H1 & Q2
A-B InBev will release its first-half results on Thursday
Anheuser-Busch InBev reports its second-quarter and half-year results on Thursday. Here, just-drinks takes a look at the Leuven-headquartered group's fortunes in the three month from April to June.
- On 1 April, A-B InBev finalised its US$5.3bn repurchase of South Korea's Oriental Brewery (OB). For a run-down of the five-year full circle the brewer took after it sold OB to a private-equity group, click here.
- In the same month, A-B InBev acquired Chinese brewer Siping Ginsber Draft Beer Co. Ginsber is China's eight-largest brewer.
- Also in April, former A-B InBev senior marketing director Mark Hegedus was appointed to lead the company's newly-acquired asset, Blue Point Brewing Co.
- In May, it was revealed that unionised brewery workers at A-B InBev's US unit, Anheuser-Busch, will get an extra US$24,000 in wages and benefits over the next five years after signing a new contract.
- A-B InBev in May lined up a global campaign for Stella Artois that highlights the brand's sponsorship of sporting and cultural events.
- Later in the same month, the brewer released another global TV ad in its Budweiser brand's World Cup campaign.
- In June, Anheuser-Busch confirmed it plans to test launch the Mexican lager brand Montejo in the US later this year.
- Also in June, A-B InBev bowed to pressure from a US blogger and a 50,000-strong petition by revealing online the ingredients it uses in its beers.
- Towards the end of the month, an Austrian asset manager that sold its “socially responsible” stock in A-B InBev said the brewer could return to favour if it elects more independent directors to its board.
In Q1 results:
- Net profits were down 23.6% to US$1.42bn
- Net sales increased by 8.9% to $10.6bn
- Operating profits rose 10.8% to $3.88bn
Companies: Anheuser-Busch InBev
Anheuser-Busch InBev SA/NV - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and servi...
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Advertising campaigns to combat declines of core mid-priced domestic lagers, Budweiser and Bud Light, are anticipated to continue given their success in 2014 and early 2015. Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B ...
- Are we kidding ourselves over craft spirits?
- What's behind Brown-Forman's Irish whiskey plans?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- How good a sustainability fit are ABI and SAB?
- Interview - Heineken global activation director
- Diageo, Treasury Wine Estates quiet on wine sale
- Chandon to become "third pillar brand" for MH
- Brown-Forman silent on Southern Comfort report
- Pay freeze anger threatens Carlsberg UK site
- Stoli appoints international marketing director
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research