just The Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev Q4 & FY
A-B InBev will report its FY results on Wednesday
Anheuser-Busch InBev will report its full-year and fourth-quarter results on Wednesday (27 February). Here, just-drinks takes a look at the highs and lows for the company in the three months to the end of December and its performance in recent quarters.
- In October, just-drinks exclusively revealed that the brewer was disassociating itself from disgraced cyclist Lance Armstrong by cancelling its sponsorship of the seven-times Tour de France winner.
- New stronger, dark variants of some of its key brands looked to be on the way as it emerged that trademarks had been registered with the US authorities. And so it proved with the launch of Budweiser Black Crown.
- The company was forced to deny it had changed the recipe for Budweiser in the US, following a Bloomberg article headlined 'The Plot to Destroy America's Beer'
- In November, the company confirmed it was establishing a craft beer advisory board to tap into demand around the sub-category, with Goose Island founder John Hall stepping down from the Chicago brewer to join the new group
- Things were looking rosy for A-B InBev's takeover of Grupo Modelo after the deal got the green light from Mexico's competition authorities. The bid has since been delayed after the US Department of Justice last month filed an anti-trust lawsuit over the US$20.1bn transaction last month.
- In December, subsidiary AmBev signed a deal with Monster to distribute its energy drinks in Brazil.
In A-B InBev's year-to-date,
- Nine-month net profits jumped by 37% to US$5.49bn
- Sales rose by 6.7% to $29.47bn
- Operating profits increased by 6.9% to $11.12bn
For the company's Q3,
- Net profits were up 15.6% at $1.84bn
- Sales climbed by 9.1% to $10.27bn
- Operating profits rose by 10.6% to $3.98bn
- Net profits slid 4% to US$3.59bn
- Sales grew 4.7% to US$19.2bn
- Operating profits rose by 2.5% to $3.6bn
- EBIT rose by by 8.4% to US$2.89bn
- Sales increased by 6.2% to $9.33bn
- EBITDA saw 7.4% lift to $3.55bn
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- Diageo, Heineken and NBL in South Africa & Namibia
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Pernod launches pomegranate whisky drink
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research