just the Preview - Anheuser-Busch InBev Q2 & H1
A-B InBev reports its first-half numbers on Wednesday
- In April, the company faced down a former employee who alleges the brewer has watered-down its beers. A-B InBev has launched legal action claiming James Clark “improperly used” confidential information.
- Another legal tussle emerged over private-equity group CVC's sale of StarBev to Molson Coors. A-B InBev, which sold its brewing assets across Eastern Europe to CVC in 2009, claims the sale has triggered its right to an extra payment.
- A new bowtie-shaped Budweiser can was launched in the US in mid-April.
- The company agreed to sell its minority interest in its largest US distributor, City Beverage, by the end of next year.
- Plans to build a brewery in Vietnam were unveiled
- In May, A-B InBev launched its mainstream cider brand, Stella Artois Cidre, in the US
- The company agreed a deal to buy Ohio-based wholesaler C&G Distributing
- At the start of June, the brewer confirmed it had completed its US$20.1bn acquisition of Grupo Modelo
- The compay said it had been forced to close one its Russian breweries, pointing the finger at rising alcohol taxes and a government clampdown
- A “vented” Bud Light can went on trial in the US.
- In the fall-out from the Modelo deal, Constellation Brands took ownership of Crown Imports - a JV Constellation ran with Modelo - the Mexican brewer's Piedras Negras brewery and the perpetual rights to its brands in the US.
In A-B InBev's Q1
Net profits jumped by 23% to US$2.05bn
Sales fell by 1.7% to $9.2bn
Operating profits dropped by 3.5% to $3.4bn
To read a preview of A-B InBev's Q1, click here
Anheuser-Busch InBev's plan to buy back Oriental Brewery serves as the strongest indictment yet of the rude health the global brewer is currently in....
Anheuser-Busch InBev Germany’s strategic direction is mainly in line with the international parent company and the company does not have a lot of room for self-governance. Partial autonomy is granted,...
Anheuser-Busch InBev (A-B InBev) is facing challenges in the mature US beer category by focusing on premium and craft beer. As the US Justice Department precluded A-B InBev from controlling the lucrat...
Less than a year after the alarm bells started, it would appear that the beer market in Brazil is poised to turn a corner in 2014, with hopes being pinned on this Summer's FIFA World Cup soccer tourna...
Inbev will continue to focus on premiumisation, adding value and Increasing its channel coverage over the forecast period. The company will continue to invest heavily in marketing support and new prod...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Are Coca-Cola, A-B InBev at a FIFA Crossroads?
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Interview - Illva Saronno CEO Augusto Reina
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review