just the Facts - Tilaknagar Industries
Tilaknagar Industries specialises in IMFL
Earlier this week, Tilaknagar Industries posted its Q1 results. At the same time, local reports suggested that Suntory and Pernod Ricard are both considering making a move to buy a 15% to 20% stake in the Indian spirits firm.
Here's a closer look at the company and its operations:
- Tilaknagar Industries came into being in 1993 following the merger of Maharashtra Sugar Mills Ltd and Tilaknagar Distilleries & Industries Ltd. The company specialises in the production and distribution of spirits and Indian Made Foreign Liquor.
- Tilaknagar's primary markets, which account for almost 80% of total sales, are located in the south of the country, in particular in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh,Kerala,Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
- In a portfolio comprising around 40 brands, the firm has four that sell more than 1m cases per year: Mansion House brandy, Madiraa rum, and Brigadier No. 1 and Vorion No. 1 brandies. White House Rum and Courrier Napoleon brandy are expected to break the 1m-case barrier next year.
- It also owns five in-house manufacturing facilities, which includes four subsidiaries for its allied activities, ten lease arrangements and 13 tie-up units.
- Tilaknagar is looking to raise its profile in the north of India through a partnership with Mason & Summers. The tie-up should take effect during next year and 2015.
- The company, which is named after Indian nationalist Bal Gangadhar Tilak, is listed on the National Stock Exchange of India.
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo's FY performance by region - Focus
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Diageo sets sights on alcohol-alternative trends
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- "We tried to make Bushmills hot" - Diageo CEO
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- Brexit "not a big deal" for Scotch - Diageo CEO
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends