just the Facts - Tilaknagar Industries
Tilaknagar Industries specialises in IMFL
Earlier this week, Tilaknagar Industries posted its Q1 results. At the same time, local reports suggested that Suntory and Pernod Ricard are both considering making a move to buy a 15% to 20% stake in the Indian spirits firm.
Here's a closer look at the company and its operations:
- Tilaknagar Industries came into being in 1993 following the merger of Maharashtra Sugar Mills Ltd and Tilaknagar Distilleries & Industries Ltd. The company specialises in the production and distribution of spirits and Indian Made Foreign Liquor.
- Tilaknagar's primary markets, which account for almost 80% of total sales, are located in the south of the country, in particular in Karnataka, Andhra Pradesh,Kerala,Tamil Nadu and Puducherry.
- In a portfolio comprising around 40 brands, the firm has four that sell more than 1m cases per year: Mansion House brandy, Madiraa rum, and Brigadier No. 1 and Vorion No. 1 brandies. White House Rum and Courrier Napoleon brandy are expected to break the 1m-case barrier next year.
- It also owns five in-house manufacturing facilities, which includes four subsidiaries for its allied activities, ten lease arrangements and 13 tie-up units.
- Tilaknagar is looking to raise its profile in the north of India through a partnership with Mason & Summers. The tie-up should take effect during next year and 2015.
- The company, which is named after Indian nationalist Bal Gangadhar Tilak, is listed on the National Stock Exchange of India.
The Future of the Spirits Market in India to 2017
The report presents detailed data on the Spirits consumption trends in India, historic and forecast consumption volume and value at market and category level, brand share, alcoholic strength, price se...read more
With recent claims that China has become the world's biggest consumer of red wine, Chris Losh considers what wine producers can learn from the current travails facing international spirits companies i...
Business Monitor International's France Food and Drink Report provides industry professionals and strategists, corporate analysts, food and drink associations, government departments and regulatory bo...
Some interesting developments have been occuring within the Vodka category since the publication of our previous global market review of the category....
The flavoured vodka category has been a growth engine of the spirits sector for some time, but new research from just-drinks suggests that the sub-category no longer represents the easy route to growt...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages