just The Facts - Russian Standard's CEDC takeover
Russian Standard now controls CEDC
On Wednesday, Russian Standard announced it had taken sole control of Central European Distribution Corporation (CEDC). Here we take a look at some of the facts and figures as a result of the deal:
- The consolidated company has an annual output of 34m nine-litre cases of products.
- Russian Standard claims to now be the second-largest vodka producer by volume in the world behind Diageo, which owns Smirnoff.
- It also says it is one of the world’s leading integrated spirits beverage and sparkling wine businesses with distilleries, production facilities and distribution centres in Russia, Poland, Hungary and Italy.
- Yesterday's deal gave Russian Standard access to more than 20 CEDC brands, including Russia’s Green Mark, Parliament and Zhuravli, as well as Poland’s Zubrówka, Absolwent and Soplica. The brands are all domestic market leaders in their price segments, Russian Standard says.
- CEDC took on the Parliament vodka brand in 2008, when it bought an 85% stake in owner Copecresto Enterprises for about US$200m. The high debt taken on to buy the company was one of the factors that led to CEDC filing for bankruptcy in April.
- Russian Standard sells in about 75 countries, and yesterday announced it will launch Green Mark vodka in the US, where it has had a presence since 2005.
- In Russia, Poland and Hungary, Russian Standard imports brands including Rémy Martin, Jägermeister, Grant’s, Campari, Cinzano, Jim Beam, E&J Gallo, Carlo Rossi and Concha y Toro.
- The Russian Standard portfolio also includes Gancia, the Italian sparkling wine, in which the company acquired a majority stake in 2011.
- What's so special about Islay anyway? - Comment
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- With MegaBrew sorted, is MegaBev next? - Research
- What do Bourbon and craft beer have in common?
- Ten things to know about spirits in the US
- Bacardi ups ante in US Havana Club row
- Alcohol industry warning over Kroger plan
- SABMiller hits back in UK corporation tax row
- Suntory bids for Lucozade, Ribena Nigerian network
- Diageo's Orphan Barrel The Gifted Horse - NPD
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research