just The Facts - Heineken
Heineken is the third largest brewer in the world
Here, courtesy of analysts UBS, is a snapshot of the Dutch brewer, Heineken.
- Heineken is the third largest global brewer behind Anheuser-Busch Inbev and SABMiller
- Heineken has a large exposure to Western Europe (36% EBIT) and Eastern Europe (12%)
- Following the acquisition of FEMSA Cerveza in January 2010, Mexico accounts for 12% of group EBIT. Its second largest emerging market is Nigeria
- Overall, Heineken has 40% emerging market exposure directly or through its joint ventures, such as Compania Cervecerias Unidas in Chile and Asia Pacific Breweries
- The Heineken brand accounts for 20% of group volumes
- Heineken's major shareholder is the quoted entity, Heineken Holding, which owns 50.05%. This, in turn, is 51.083% controlled by the Heineken family
- FEMSA has 20% economic interest in Heineken
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This year, just-drinks returns to the subject with four separate management briefings, one per sector....
Asia Pacific Breweries is Heineken’s joint venture in Singapore, with a variety of brands and consumer beverages that enjoy prominence in their local markets. The venture is crucial to the firm's grow...
In the second part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the brewing sector, Ben Cooper looks at the role played by sourcing ingredients locally....
Here's the third part of this month's management briefing, which looks at three of the world's largest brewers and their efforts in the environmental sustainability arena....
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at the efforts of the brewing world in the environmental sustainability arena, considers the work of Heineken, Molson Coors a...
It would appear that either Anheuser-Busch InBev doesn't have the stomach for a courtroom battle with the US Department of Justice - would anyone? - or it has had 'a bit of a chat' with the department...
- Interview - Bacardi global marketing boss, whisky
- Has Coca-Cola Jumped From Frying Pan to Fire?
- Constellation grapples with glass as reality bites
- Coca-Cola can unleash Monster with energy plunge
- just The Preview - Carlsberg's Q2 & H1
- Diageo doubles intake for spirits start-ups scheme
- Diageo appoints head for Asia marketing unit
- Second senior exec to depart Bacardi
- Bacardi sees North America president step down
- Constellation recalls Corona over glass threat