just The Facts - Heineken
Heineken is the third largest brewer in the world
Here, courtesy of analysts UBS, is a snapshot of the Dutch brewer, Heineken.
- Heineken is the third largest global brewer behind Anheuser-Busch Inbev and SABMiller
- Heineken has a large exposure to Western Europe (36% EBIT) and Eastern Europe (12%)
- Following the acquisition of FEMSA Cerveza in January 2010, Mexico accounts for 12% of group EBIT. Its second largest emerging market is Nigeria
- Overall, Heineken has 40% emerging market exposure directly or through its joint ventures, such as Compania Cervecerias Unidas in Chile and Asia Pacific Breweries
- The Heineken brand accounts for 20% of group volumes
- Heineken's major shareholder is the quoted entity, Heineken Holding, which owns 50.05%. This, in turn, is 51.083% controlled by the Heineken family
- FEMSA has 20% economic interest in Heineken
Sectors: Beer & cider
Environmental sustainability remains one of the most active areas for the global drinks industry. This year, just-drinks returns to the subject with four separate management briefings, one per sector....
In the second part of this management briefing, which looks at environmental sustainability in the brewing sector, Ben Cooper looks at the role played by sourcing ingredients locally....
Here's the third part of this month's management briefing, which looks at three of the world's largest brewers and their efforts in the environmental sustainability arena....
The fourth and final part of this month's management briefing, which looks at the efforts of the brewing world in the environmental sustainability arena, considers the work of Heineken, Molson Coors a...
It would appear that either Anheuser-Busch InBev doesn't have the stomach for a courtroom battle with the US Department of Justice - would anyone? - or it has had 'a bit of a chat' with the department...
Heineken has a "low appetite" for China's mainstream beer sector and will continue to concentrate on the premium end of the market, the head of the Dutch brewer has said....
- The post-Brexit winners and losers - Analysis
- What Brexit means for drinks industry? - Analysis
- What does Brexit mean for AB InBev's SAB deal?
- Interview - Seedlip founder, Ben Branson
- Customisable drinks - The next consumer trend
- Carlsberg to close UK distribution arm
- Pernod Ricard exec shuffle - Denis O'Flynn leaves
- Major spirits M&A remains out of sight - analyst
- C&C Group will be a Brexit victim - analyst
- Pernod Ricard gives Beefeater packaging revamp
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Spirits and Wine: Corporate Overview
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends