just the Facts - Foster's Group's US wine overhaul
Foster's has reshaped its US wine arm
Foster's Group has today (21 June) completed its distribution changes in the US. Here, just-drinks rounds up the changes the firm has made to its Foster's Wine Estate Americas operations since beginning a restructure of its wine arm in early-2009.
- Foster's rounded off its distribution changes today with three five-year, exclusive deals with Southern Wine & Spirits, covering the key states of Florida, California and Illinois.
- Last week, Foster's Wine Estates renewed a distribution deal with Republic National Distributing Company (RNDC) in Colorado.
- Earlier this month, Foster's announced a new executive team to lead distribution and off-trade accounts in the country.
- A month ago, Foster's signed exclusive, "long-term" distribution agreements with The Charmer Sunbelt Group to sell its portfolio of wines in New York, Maryland and the District of Columbia. In New York, Charmer Sunbelt will pick up the Etude brand from Skurnick, while in Washington DC it will pick up a portion of Foster's portfolio from RNDC.
- Also in May, Foster's Wine Estates appointed master sommelier Fred Dame as its vice president of luxury sales.
- Back in April, Foster's appointed the ex-head of Constellation Wines in Australia, John Grant, as vice president of its California wine division.
- In September 2009, Foster's declined to comment on a claim, made by a source to just-drinks, that the firm would not pay bonuses to its Americas wine sales staff for its most recent full-year.
- In August 2009, Foster's appointed Mike Holden as senior vice president of sales at Foster's Wine Estates Americas. Holden was previously president and COO at Don Sebastiani & Sons.
- Less than a month earlier, the group appointed Francesca Schuler as its chief marketing officer.
Part three of our annual review of the year brings us Chris Mercer's look at how 2010 has treated the world's brewers....
M&A activity within the beer sector this year has been limited to just the one big transaction, in Mexico. Larry Nelson believes, however, that 2010 could have served as the calm before the storm, wit...
As seen in this month's rundown of the latest innovative drinks launches, the single-use and shot formats continue to penetrate the market, with new products including a single-serve detox drink and a...
Heineken has launched a three-year sustainability campaign in Spain to improve its environmental and sustainability credentials in the country....
- Will Tequila Learn from Scotch Whisky's Mistakes?
- Comment - Beer - Does 'Craft' Work?
- Solving the diet drinks dilemma in the US
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- SABMiller, Meantime Brewing say goodbye to 'craft'
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo opens Johnnie Walker House in Singapore
- Emperador overhauls Whyte & Mackay labels
- SPI Group US, Canada sales chief departs
- Soaring Prosecco sales good for Champagne
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Beam Suntory Inc. - Strategy and SWOT Report