just the Facts - Diageo's Next CEO, Ivan Menezes
Ivan Menezes will take the Diageo reins from July
Last week, Ivan Menezes was confirmed as Paul Walsh's successor as Diageo CEO. The 53 year-old, currently the group's chief operating officer, will replace Walsh in the top job on 1 July. Here just-drinks takes a look at India-born Menezes' career to date:
- Before taking up the newly-created role of group COO in March last year, Menezes was president & CEO of Diageo North America for eight years. In this time, he was also given the additional roles of Asia-Pacific chairman and Diageo's chairman for Latin American & the Carribean. He is widely credited for spearheading Diageo's bid to take control of India's United Spirits.
- Menezes joined Diageo in 1997, holding a variety of senior management postions with Guinness. In 2002, he was given the newly-created role of COO for North America. Two years later, he took the job of Diageo's North America president. That same year, he was appointed president of the group's Venture Markets.
- Before joining Diageo, the father-of-two held various marketing positons with the Whirpool Corporation in Europe and also worked for Booz Allen Hamilton in Chicago and London.
- His first job was with Nestle in India, who he joined in 1981. He went on to work across sales, marketing and strategy in Asia for the company.
- Menezes has an MBA from Northwestern University’s Kellogg School of Management, a post-graduate degree from the Indian Institute of Management, Ahmedabad and a BA in Economics from St. Stephen’s College, Delhi University.
The UK-based among you may have witnessed the Guinness takeover of the ad-break in The Jonathan Ross Show late last month. Reaction to the three-minute mock-talk show has been overwhelmingly grim....
The recent spate of activity in the Irish whiskey category suggests that the sub-category is looking to make waves in the spirits world. Ian Buxton takes a closer look and considers whether all the fu...
- Pernod Ricard 's first-half results - Preview
- Pernod Ricard's H1 performance by region - Focus
- Heineken's FY performance by region - Focus
- Forget Baby Boomers at your peril - Consumer Trend
- Carlsberg's full-year performance by region
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Pernod Ricard targets US through unit, exec switch
- William Grant & Sons' Ailsa Bay - NPD
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- Asahi Group to buy Grolsch, Peroni from SABMiller
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research