just the Facts - Denmark's Royal Unibrew
The company changed its name to Royal Unibrew in 2005
Earlier today (20 August), Danish multi-category drinks group Royal Unibrew confirmed it has been given the regulatory green light to acquire Heineken's Finnish brewery, Hartwall. Here just-drinks takes a look at Royal Unibrew's business as it ups its footprint.
- The current incarnation of the Faxe-headquartered company was established in 1992, but most of Royal Unibrew's breweries date back to the 19th Century.
- Royal Unibrew took on its name in 2005, changing from Bryggerigruppen, to make it more recognisable internationally.
- Since the early 1990s, the group has made a number of acquisitions, including breweries in Lithuania, Lativia, Poland and the Carribean.
- In Western Europe, its main markets are Denmark, Germany and Italy. In Denmark the company sells beer and soft drinks and is strong in Italy with its super premium strong ale, Ceres.
- In Eastern Europe, the company operates in Lithuania and Latvia selling beer and soft drinks, including fruit juices.
- The company sells its malt drinks in a number of Carribbean and African countries, as well as European and North American cities with significant Afro-Carribean populations.
- Royal Unibrew also has a 25% stake in Norway's Hansa Borg Bryggerier, the country's second-largest brewery.
- Beer - Royal, Albani, Ceres, Faxe, Thor, Lacplesis, Livu
- Cido (brand) - juice, mineral water, carbonated soft-drinks, non-carbonated soft-drinks, cider
- Malt Beverage - Vita Malt
- Royal Unibrew also brews and markets Heineken in Denmark.
In 2012, the company posted sales of DKK3.4bn (US$612m) and sold 5.4m hectolitres of beer, malt and soft drinks. Royal Unibrew employs around 1,600 people and is listed on NASDAQ OMX.
Heineken N.V. (HEIA) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by Global...
The strategic goals for Royal Unibrew are to maintain a high level of new product innovation, while at the same time develop its brand platform. The company also focuses on increasing customer loyalty...
Royal Unibrew A/S aims to consolidate and strengthen its position as a leading regional brewer in a number of Western and Eastern European markets through brand and product innovation in both beer and...
Heineken N.V. - SWOT, Strategy and Corporate Finance Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and...
- Analysis - SABMiller to add bolt-ons in Africa?
- A-B InBev's Move on Tennent's Super Makes Sense
- India: Everyone's Favourite Spirits Market
- Brand Diversification Driving Craft Brewery Growth
- Analysis - Stock Spirits: Poland's number one
- Diageo scraps Arthur's Day, but singer left sad
- Pernod Ricard's Café de Paris Pear, Pomegranate
- PepsiCo CEO sees "profound" change in US consumers
- William Grant sinks GBP185,000 into "No" camp
- SodaStream silent on John Lewis pullout in UK