just the facts - Cider
Here are five facts on the UK cider category, taken from the latest available Nielsen data.
- Cider has a 10.5% volume share of the UK alcoholic drinks market, compared to beer on 66% and wine on 17.4%.
- Cider sales are growing by 8% by volume year-on-year, against a total alcoholic drinks market down 3%. Cider volume sales are up 14% in the off-trade, but down 0.7% in the on-trade.
- Pear cider has been the "key innovation" in the last 18 months and 40% of cider buyers have bought a Pear variety.
- However, all cider varieties are growing, including white cider, which has seen 6% volume sales growth in the off-trade.
- In the off-trade, premium cider is driving growth, up 16% in volume and 18% in value year-on-year.
Sectors: Beer & cider
C&C Group is understood to have cut the wholesale price of Bulmers draught cider in Ireland by EUR0.04....
C&C Group is backing its new cider brand, Gaymers, with a GBP5m (US$7.4m) marketing spend in 2010....
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Brown-Forman's Q1 Performance by Region, Brand
- Pernod Ricard's FY fiscal-2015 - Preview
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- Pernod Ricard releases social medial guide
- Bruno Mars rum rolls out across US
- Brown-Forman CEO unfazed by FX headwinds
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research