just the facts - Cider
Here are five facts on the UK cider category, taken from the latest available Nielsen data.
- Cider has a 10.5% volume share of the UK alcoholic drinks market, compared to beer on 66% and wine on 17.4%.
- Cider sales are growing by 8% by volume year-on-year, against a total alcoholic drinks market down 3%. Cider volume sales are up 14% in the off-trade, but down 0.7% in the on-trade.
- Pear cider has been the "key innovation" in the last 18 months and 40% of cider buyers have bought a Pear variety.
- However, all cider varieties are growing, including white cider, which has seen 6% volume sales growth in the off-trade.
- In the off-trade, premium cider is driving growth, up 16% in volume and 18% in value year-on-year.
C&C Group is understood to have cut the wholesale price of Bulmers draught cider in Ireland by EUR0.04....
C&C Group is backing its new cider brand, Gaymers, with a GBP5m (US$7.4m) marketing spend in 2010....
- Whatever happened to binge Britain? - comment
- The dangers of squaring up to your competitor
- Constellation and Ballast Point's "sticker shock"
- The US beer market - A level playing field for all
- Remy Cointreau's Q2 and H1 - preview
- Diageo Australia appoints commercial head
- Sidney Frank CEO to head Clooney's import co
- A-B InBev to "kick the tyres" at Coca-Cola
- Diageo sells off United Spirits' Bouvet Ladubay
- Irish whiskey brands could fail without bulk
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global Wine Market to 2019 - Market Size, Development, and Forecasts
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Wine Market: News and Events September 2015