just The Facts - Champagne Exports 2011
The US and emerging markets helped global Champagne sales to survive dips in the sparkling wine's biggest markets in 2011. Here, just-drinks brings you key stats on where the corks were popping.
Champagne sales by volume fell by almost 3% in the sparkling wine's biggest export market, the UK, over the 12 months to the end of December. Volume sales also fell by 2% in France, show figures released today (28 February) by trade body CIVC.
Together, these two markets account for two thirds of global Champagne sales by volume. However, growth elsewhere, and particularly in the US, Asia and Latin America, helped global Champagne to rise by 1% in volume for the year.
Global value sales increased by 7% to EUR4.4bn.
Below, just-drinks has created a graphic detailing some of the key export markets and their relative size, in volume terms.
To operate the visual below, you will need Java installed on your computer. If you have this, or after you have installed it, click once anywhere inside the box below. Hover the cursor over the bubbles to see precise figures. To look at different years, select the year in the text box bottom left.
Second, here is an at-a-glance chart showing the percentage changes in volume sales in Champagne's top ten export markets.
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- Pernod Ricard unveils Havana Club ad campaign
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Global Tequila market hits new highs in 2014
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets