just The Facts - Britvic
Britvic is considering a merger with AG Barr
Here, courtesy of analysts UBS, is a snapshot of the UK soft drinks company, Britvic.
- Britvic is a Pepsi bottler in the UK/Ireland and also owns its own soft drinks portfolio comprising Robinson's, J2O and Teisseire
- Britvic is the number two player in the UK soft drinks market, behind Coca-Cola Enterprises. It is number two in the off-trade channel by value and market leader in the on-trade channel
- The UK accounts for 82% of Britvic group EBIT, followed by France (10%) and Ireland (5%)
- Pepsi owns a 5% stake in Britvic since it floated on the London stock exchange in 2005
- In 2007, Britvic bought C&C Group's soft drinks and distribution business in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland for EUR249.2m (US$337.5m)
- It followed the C&C buy in 2010 with the acquisition of French soft drinks maker Fruité for EUR237m (US$294m)
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- AB InBev, SABMiller - Here's what'll happen next
- Is time right for TWE to move for Diageo's wines?
- Is Brown-Forman at the end of the SoCo road?
- Will a sexed-up SABMiller tempt AB InBev?
- Is Brown-Forman doing a Jack Daniel's in Ireland?
- AB InBev makes formal offer for SABMiller
- Diageo secures Xerox Corp CFO as finance head
- Tesco pulls several Carlsberg SKUs in UK
- Diageo makes US$780.5m beer deal with Heineken
- SABMiller formally rejects AB InBev's offer
- The IWSR Duty Free/Travel Retail Summary Report 2015
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research