just The Facts - Britvic
Britvic is considering a merger with AG Barr
Here, courtesy of analysts UBS, is a snapshot of the UK soft drinks company, Britvic.
- Britvic is a Pepsi bottler in the UK/Ireland and also owns its own soft drinks portfolio comprising Robinson's, J2O and Teisseire
- Britvic is the number two player in the UK soft drinks market, behind Coca-Cola Enterprises. It is number two in the off-trade channel by value and market leader in the on-trade channel
- The UK accounts for 82% of Britvic group EBIT, followed by France (10%) and Ireland (5%)
- Pepsi owns a 5% stake in Britvic since it floated on the London stock exchange in 2005
- In 2007, Britvic bought C&C Group's soft drinks and distribution business in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland for EUR249.2m (US$337.5m)
- It followed the C&C buy in 2010 with the acquisition of French soft drinks maker Fruité for EUR237m (US$294m)
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Remy Cointreau's Q1 performance by brand, region
- SABMiller's Q1 2017 results - Preview
- A snapshot of the UK spirits market - Focus
- SABMiller's Q1 sales performance by region - Focus
- New Hendrick's Gin would have to be "unusual"
- Brown-Forman takes distribution in Spain in-house
- Diageo appoints new Smirnoff head
- AB InBev halts VAIP incentive plan
- AB InBev faces US$7bn price rise for SABMiller
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends