just The Facts - Britvic
Britvic is considering a merger with AG Barr
Here, courtesy of analysts UBS, is a snapshot of the UK soft drinks company, Britvic.
- Britvic is a Pepsi bottler in the UK/Ireland and also owns its own soft drinks portfolio comprising Robinson's, J2O and Teisseire
- Britvic is the number two player in the UK soft drinks market, behind Coca-Cola Enterprises. It is number two in the off-trade channel by value and market leader in the on-trade channel
- The UK accounts for 82% of Britvic group EBIT, followed by France (10%) and Ireland (5%)
- Pepsi owns a 5% stake in Britvic since it floated on the London stock exchange in 2005
- In 2007, Britvic bought C&C Group's soft drinks and distribution business in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland for EUR249.2m (US$337.5m)
- It followed the C&C buy in 2010 with the acquisition of French soft drinks maker Fruité for EUR237m (US$294m)
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018