just The Facts - Britvic
Britvic is considering a merger with AG Barr
Here, courtesy of analysts UBS, is a snapshot of the UK soft drinks company, Britvic.
- Britvic is a Pepsi bottler in the UK/Ireland and also owns its own soft drinks portfolio comprising Robinson's, J2O and Teisseire
- Britvic is the number two player in the UK soft drinks market, behind Coca-Cola Enterprises. It is number two in the off-trade channel by value and market leader in the on-trade channel
- The UK accounts for 82% of Britvic group EBIT, followed by France (10%) and Ireland (5%)
- Pepsi owns a 5% stake in Britvic since it floated on the London stock exchange in 2005
- In 2007, Britvic bought C&C Group's soft drinks and distribution business in the Republic of Ireland and Northern Ireland for EUR249.2m (US$337.5m)
- It followed the C&C buy in 2010 with the acquisition of French soft drinks maker Fruité for EUR237m (US$294m)
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- SABMiller & Meantime: Notes for the New Owner
- Comment - How to Target Cognac's Mok Generation?
- Analysis - The Value of Prosecco
- Analysis - Keurig Kold fails to impress
- Focus - The Prosecco shortage that isn't
- Whyte & Mackay takes on Flor de Caña in UK
- Diageo takes Baileys, Gordon's marketing in-house
- Carlsberg cuts 180 staff
- Suntory to buy Japan Tobacco beverage unit
- Mixto Tequila poised for "golden age"
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Africa: The Final Frontier for Beer
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review