just the Facts - Beam Inc's Q1 Performance by Brand, Region
Earlier today, Beam Inc reported a jump in Q1 net profits on the back of a lift in sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by brands and regions:
Beam's 'Power Brands' portfolio saw net sales slip by 2% in the first quarter. Here's the breakdown.
- Jim Beam -2%
- Maker’s Mark +44%
- Sauza -6%
- Pinnacle +8%
- Courvoisier -29%
- Canadian Club +8%
- Teacher’s -20%
The company's 'Rising Stars' brands produced net sales growth of 20% in the three months to the end of March.
- Laphroaig +27%
- Knob Creek +3%
- Basil Hayden’s +16%
- Kilbeggan -30%
- Cruzan +6%
- Hornitos +3%
- Skinnygirl +140%
- Sourz -21%
Group net sales in the quarter were up by 8.2% to $577.7m.
- North America produced a 17.7% leap in net sales, to US$364m
- Europe, Middle East & Africa came in flat, slipping by 1.6% to $105.6m
- Asia Pacific & South America fell by 7.8% to $108.1m
Total operating profits rose by 36.5% to $179m
- North America jumped by 25.2% to $123.4m
- Europe, Middle East & Africa soared by 41.4% to $24.6m
- Asia Pacific & South America fell back by 4.5% to $21m
The recent spate of activity in the Irish whiskey category suggests that the sub-category is looking to make waves in the spirits world. Ian Buxton takes a closer look and considers whether all the fu...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Pernod Ricard set for CMO switch
- Scotch whisky leaders sign pro-UK letter
- Molson Coors appoints Europe CEO