just the Facts - Beam Inc's Q1 Performance by Brand, Region
Earlier today, Beam Inc reported a jump in Q1 net profits on the back of a lift in sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by brands and regions:
Beam's 'Power Brands' portfolio saw net sales slip by 2% in the first quarter. Here's the breakdown.
- Jim Beam -2%
- Maker’s Mark +44%
- Sauza -6%
- Pinnacle +8%
- Courvoisier -29%
- Canadian Club +8%
- Teacher’s -20%
The company's 'Rising Stars' brands produced net sales growth of 20% in the three months to the end of March.
- Laphroaig +27%
- Knob Creek +3%
- Basil Hayden’s +16%
- Kilbeggan -30%
- Cruzan +6%
- Hornitos +3%
- Skinnygirl +140%
- Sourz -21%
Group net sales in the quarter were up by 8.2% to $577.7m.
- North America produced a 17.7% leap in net sales, to US$364m
- Europe, Middle East & Africa came in flat, slipping by 1.6% to $105.6m
- Asia Pacific & South America fell by 7.8% to $108.1m
Total operating profits rose by 36.5% to $179m
- North America jumped by 25.2% to $123.4m
- Europe, Middle East & Africa soared by 41.4% to $24.6m
- Asia Pacific & South America fell back by 4.5% to $21m
The recent spate of activity in the Irish whiskey category suggests that the sub-category is looking to make waves in the spirits world. Ian Buxton takes a closer look and considers whether all the fu...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Why Chinese beverages won't conquer the world
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Is “Craft” the Next Big Thing for Soft Drinks?
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Petropolis Finally Moving into SABMiller's View?
- Pernod launches online Ballantine's "experiment"
- Diageo confirms Australia RTD abv drops
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- SABMiller returns to Brazil with Petropolis tie-up
- Global vodka sales slip in 2013 - research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review