just the Facts - Beam Inc's Q1 Performance by Brand, Region
Earlier today, Beam Inc reported a jump in Q1 net profits on the back of a lift in sales. Here, just-drinks takes a closer look at the group's performance by brands and regions:
Beam's 'Power Brands' portfolio saw net sales slip by 2% in the first quarter. Here's the breakdown.
- Jim Beam -2%
- Maker’s Mark +44%
- Sauza -6%
- Pinnacle +8%
- Courvoisier -29%
- Canadian Club +8%
- Teacher’s -20%
The company's 'Rising Stars' brands produced net sales growth of 20% in the three months to the end of March.
- Laphroaig +27%
- Knob Creek +3%
- Basil Hayden’s +16%
- Kilbeggan -30%
- Cruzan +6%
- Hornitos +3%
- Skinnygirl +140%
- Sourz -21%
Group net sales in the quarter were up by 8.2% to $577.7m.
- North America produced a 17.7% leap in net sales, to US$364m
- Europe, Middle East & Africa came in flat, slipping by 1.6% to $105.6m
- Asia Pacific & South America fell by 7.8% to $108.1m
Total operating profits rose by 36.5% to $179m
- North America jumped by 25.2% to $123.4m
- Europe, Middle East & Africa soared by 41.4% to $24.6m
- Asia Pacific & South America fell back by 4.5% to $21m
The recent spate of activity in the Irish whiskey category suggests that the sub-category is looking to make waves in the spirits world. Ian Buxton takes a closer look and considers whether all the fu...
Beam, as the world’s fourth largest international spirits company and seventh largest overall, should be in a strong position. In some ways it is, however, it suffers from a large proportion of its vo...
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
Changing demographics, growing economies, increased disposable income and the rise in international and business travel have all contributed to the burgeoning travel retail sector....
- Coca-Cola pressure builds as bid rumours swirl
- Gin: Plymouth's from Plymouth, London's from...?
- Comment - Diageo Making the Best of a Bad Job?
- Comment - IPO Launch a Tonic for Fever-Tree
- How Modern Marketing Compounds My Twitter Shame
- NPD - Moët Hennessy’s Glenmorangie Dornoch
- Anheuser-Busch InBev cuts jobs in US shake-up
- Pernod blames rule changes for Plymouth GI drop
- Diageo targets Millenial women with Baileys push
- William Grant unveils bespoke Glenfiddich website
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Early Signals: future scenarios that will drive consumption and product innovation over the next five years
- Global Beer Opportunities: Beyond Standard Lager
- The IWSR Global Trends Report 2014
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research