just The Facts - AG Barr
AG Barr is building a new facility in Milton Keynes
Here, courtesy of analysts Canaccord Genuity, is a snapshot of UK soft drinks company AG Barr.
- AG Barr has its roots in Scotland and is headquarted near Glasgow. It owns a growing portfolio of brands that cross a wide range of categories throughout the UK
- AG Barr has a 5% share of the UK soft drinks market, with about 55% of sales generated in England and Wales
- The company is investing GBP41.5m (US$66m) in a new manufacturing facility in Milton Keynes that will cover 13 acres and is close to Junction 13-14 on the M1
- It should double AG Barr's can capacity and grow PET capacity by about 40% by FY2014/15
- Milton Keynes is being built with future growth in mind and capacity within the new site can double again from the initial phase
- Sales growth of 4.5% in H1 was ahead of the 2% value growth in the UK soft drinks market
Earlier this month, UK pharmaceutical and "consumer healthcare" conglomerate GSK took a look at its Lucozade and Ribena brands, and set itself a choice: Does it sell the two, or does it look at settin...
- Comment - Diageo Spins the Guinness Wheel... Again
- Diageo's Labels Give Industry Something to Digest
- Who should Stock Spirits Acquire?
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Diageo lines up UK innovations push
- Craft is an 'abused' term - Pernod Ricard exec
- Pernod Ricard queries nutritional label use
- Diageo's Guinness Golden Ale
- Edrington names European Travel Retail head