just On Call - Stock Spirits keen to up distribution partnerships
Stock Spirits also released its half-year results today
The head of Stock Spirits has indicated that the company is on the hunt for further distribution tie-ups with international spirits firms in Central and Eastern Europe.
Coinciding with the release of Stock's half-year results today, the UK-based company announced that it has extended its exclusive distribution agreement with Beam Suntory to handle the Jim Beam, Teacher's and “some of their core” brands in Croatia. Stock started distributing Beam Suntory's brands in Poland a year ago.
Speaking to just-drinks following the release of the H1 numbers, CEO Chris Heath said: “We're starting to see consumer confidence coming through (in Central and Eastern Europe), along with strengthening GDP growth. As well as developing our own premium portfolio, having an international super-premium portfolio alongside ours makes a lot of sense.
“We've been in discussions with a number of potential partners in our other core markets,” he continued. “We want to grow our own portfolio, and we see international brands as being very complementary to that.”
Heath declined to comment further on whether Stock would aim to expand the Beam Suntory tie-up, or its distribution agreement with Diageo in Poland, which started in January.
“Our partnership with Beam Suntory in Poland has gone extremely well - it's enabled us to go from almost zero to about 6% share of the growing whiskey category in the country.”
Heath also detailed that Stock's three largest markets – Poland, Czech and Italy – account for just over 90% of total group sales.
For an exclusive, two-part interview with Chris Heath, click here.
Spirits Market in Croatia: Databook to 2017
Synopsis "Spirits Market in Croatia: Databook to 2017" is the result of Canadean’s extensive market research covering the Spirits market in Croatia. The report presents detailed historic and forecast...read more
Diageo plc - Strategy and SWOT Report, is a source of comprehensive company data and information. The report covers the company’s structure, operation, SWOT analysis, product and service offerings and...
Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled by GlobalData...
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
Beam Suntory has said it will "vigorously" fight a lawsuit that accuses the firm of false advertising over its Maker's Mark Bourbon brand. ...
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future