just On Call - SodaStream says gas platform won't be left out in cold
SodaStream released its full-year results yesterday
The head of SodaStream has denied that the Coca-Cola Co will have a better quality home carbonation system when it launches the Keurig Cold next year.
In a post-results conference call on Wednesday (26 February), Daniel Birnbaum said he expects Keurig Cold's performance to be of a similar quality to his company's own soda machines. The two platforms are both designed for home use, but while SodaStream's relies on refillable CO2 cannisters, the Keurig Cold is expected to use a chemical process for carbonation.
“I think that Coca-Cola could have just as easily partnered with SodaStream to deliver an outstanding, home-made version of Coca-Cola,” Birnbaum said. “I do not know of any particular benefit that it can deliver to the consumer over and above what the consumer can get from the SodaStream product.”
Birnbaum also said that he was looking forward to seeing the Keurig Cold, which is being made in a partnership between Coca-Cola and Green Mountain Coffee Roasters.
However, in a sly dig at Coca-Cola's decision to partner with the home-brewing specialists and not with SodaStream, Brinbaum said: “Everyone has the right to make a mistake.”
The CEO was talking after the release of SodaStream's full-year results, which saw the Israel-based company post a 4.2% fall in net profits despite a 29% sales jump in 2013.
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
Coca-Cola face a challenging situation in which economic recovery is fragile in developed markets, while China and Brazil are seeing a slowdown in sales. Consumers’ desire for diverse and healthy beve...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages