just On Call - Monster Beverage faces delays getting into India - CEO
The group is still eyeing a launch into India, despite delays over red tape
Monster Beverage has been delayed in getting approval to launch in India, but the group's CEO believes the country remains an “exciting” opportunity.
On a conference call with analysts yesterday (8 August), Rodney Sacks revealed the company is still facing “certain regulatory approvals” to sell its energy drinks in India, but said he anticipated the green light in “the near future”. He added: “We view India as an exciting future growth opportunity for Monster.”
Yesterday, Sacks revealed, following the group reporting a drop in first-half profits, that plans to start production in India are “progressing satisfactorily”.
Plans to start production in Japan and Korea are also “proceeding”, he added.
Monster is planning launches in other Asian countries later this year and “early” 2014. The group is also looking at expanding its footprint in Central and Eastern Europe later this year, Sacks said.
In Brazil, sales are “robust”, thanks to a distribution tie-up with AmBev, Sacks said.
On on-going legal issues, which has dragged down its profits, the Monster boss said there is litigation “continuing to go on”. He added: “I think we will see a reasonable level of costs being incurred in the foreseeable future until these matters settle down and we get to start going in one direction.”
Here, courtesy of analysts at Nomura, is a list of the purchases made in the global brewing industry between 1999 and last year, along with the EBITDA multiples paid....
- Heineken goes from strength to strength - Analysis
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt I
- Treasury Wine Estates CEO - Interview Pt II
- The just-drinks Analyst
- Heineken FY 2016 by region - results data
- Rum braced for falling volumes in years ahead
- Beam Suntory boosts top-line in 2016 - results
- Non-alcoholic Heineken set to hit Europe - CEO
- Molson Coors targets cost-savings - FY16 results
- Treasury Wine Estates sees H1 sales, profits soar
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Cognac insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global gin insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends