just On Call - Monster Beverage Corp sets sights on China - CEO
Monster wants to take its products to China
The energy drinks maker will use Coca-Cola's global distribution network to expand into territories it is not already in, including the Asian country, Monster CEO Rodney Sacks said in a conference call with analysts today. Sacks said regulatory issues in China will mean entry will “take time”, but he added: “We want to be there, we want to get there as quickly as we can.”
Coca-Cola yesterday agreed to pay US$2.15bn for a 16.7% stake in Monster. The deal includes Monster taking control of Coca-Cola's energy brands and Coca-Cola acquiring Monster's non-energy brands.
Sacks today added that when the deal completes at the turn of the year, Monster will start to use Coca-Cola's distribution system in countries that it doesn't already have a presence in. However in other markets the company will evaluate if using its existing network would be more beneficial.
“We're going to look at markets individually,” Sacks said. “There are some markets that we haven’t been in that are big markets, and we see very strong long-term incentives.”
Sacks said Monster is currently available in “140-plus” countries.
MillerCoors LLC: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report (multi-user)
Synopsis Canadean's "MillerCoors LLC: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a compa...read more
Synopsis Canadean's "Red Bull GmbH: Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile & SWOT Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The profile contains a company...
Red Bull Deutschland has a strong marketing strategy, similar to that of its parent company. Sponsorship of sports events and using all possible channels (except for print) to capture the maximum youn...
According to the form 10-K filed in February 2014, Coca-Cola has five strategic priorities. “Accelerate sparkling growth, led by brand Coca-Cola; Strategically expand our profitable still portfolio; I...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Remy, dead cats and the power of China's new year
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Will Lucas Bols' IPO Bring Much-Needed Stability?
- Will the Selfie Prove the Tonic for Beauty Drinks?
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- Diageo inks UK distribution deals
- Maxxium UK head to depart for Edrington role
- Diageo's United Spirits stays in red in YTD
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review