just On Call - Innovation not just about new flavours - Coca-Cola Amatil
CCA released its first-half results today
In an analysts' conference call today (20 August), after posting a first-half drop in profits and sales, MD Terry Davis said that there is “no structural weakness in the CSD category”. However, Davies admitted that CCA will have to “innovate aggressively”, aside from new flavours.
“We invented the Share a Coke marketing drive and now it is everywhere,” Davis said. “We know that innovation not just about the flavours.”
Davis said CCA's “portion control” strategy, which includes smaller-sized 20cl brand Coca-Cola cans, is growing “by 60% a year and attracting new consumers with very different occasions”. He also said the company will launch Coca-Cola Lemon later this year, “which will add material value to volume”.
Coca-Cola's Share a Coke push, which replaces the Coca-Cola script on packaging with common first names, was launched in Australia in 2011 and helped increase young adult consumption by 7%, according to The Guardian.
Coca-Cola rolled it out in Europe this year and it is the company's biggest summer marketing campaign. A Coca-Cola UK & Ireland spokesperson told just-drinks today it is still to early to disclose the success of the campaign but added that it is “going well”.
The Australian water cooler market stood at 340,000 units installed at the end of 2012. The market is still dominated by bottled water coolers, with over 65% share, but their number has fallen in the ...
This report comprises high level market research data on the Guatemala beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight an...
- Is Diageo approaching its "Et tu, Brute" Moment?
- Diageo Q4 & FY - Preview
- Has Diageo added Beer to its 'Non-Core' List?
- SABMiller, Carlsberg, Heineken: Poland's beer itch
- SABMiller's Q1 Sales Performance by Region
- NPD: Tomatin Contrast, Cù Bòcan
- Diageo comm's director latest to leave
- Diageo hit by SEC investigation in US
- Global business development head to quit Diageo
- Diageo, Heineken end South Africa, Namibia JV
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global cachaca insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research