just On Call - Innovation not just about new flavours - Coca-Cola Amatil
CCA released its first-half results today
In an analysts' conference call today (20 August), after posting a first-half drop in profits and sales, MD Terry Davis said that there is “no structural weakness in the CSD category”. However, Davies admitted that CCA will have to “innovate aggressively”, aside from new flavours.
“We invented the Share a Coke marketing drive and now it is everywhere,” Davis said. “We know that innovation not just about the flavours.”
Davis said CCA's “portion control” strategy, which includes smaller-sized 20cl brand Coca-Cola cans, is growing “by 60% a year and attracting new consumers with very different occasions”. He also said the company will launch Coca-Cola Lemon later this year, “which will add material value to volume”.
Coca-Cola's Share a Coke push, which replaces the Coca-Cola script on packaging with common first names, was launched in Australia in 2011 and helped increase young adult consumption by 7%, according to The Guardian.
Coca-Cola rolled it out in Europe this year and it is the company's biggest summer marketing campaign. A Coca-Cola UK & Ireland spokesperson told just-drinks today it is still to early to disclose the success of the campaign but added that it is “going well”.
The Australian water cooler market stood at 340,000 units installed at the end of 2012. The market is still dominated by bottled water coolers, with over 65% share, but their number has fallen in the ...
This report comprises high level market research data on the Guatemala beer industry, published by Canadean. The report covers the total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight an...
- Focus - Edrington's FY Performance by Brand
- Pernod relies on Indian whiskey to crack Africa
- Hail Marie Brizard: But, For How Long?
- 5 reasons why Constellation's Meiomi buy works
- NPD: The Clear Soft Drink Trend is Back
- Comment - Diageo CFO to North America? Do the Math
- Diageo CFO Mahlan to head up N America
- Diageo sells "non-core" Gleneagles
- Diageo lining up Gleneagles sale - report
- Pernod Ricard allays Havana Club shortage fears
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- The IWSR Company Profile 2014 – Remy Cointreau
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research