just On Call - Flavoured whiskey to be "larger than Scotch" - Brown-Forman CEO
Brown-Forman released its FY results today
The US flavoured whiskey category is on course to be “larger than Scotch”, Brown-Forman's CEO has claimed, after its full-year results showed continued growth for Jack Daniel's variant, Tennessee Honey.
In a call with analysts today (4 June), Paul Varga said that latest numbers show the flavoured category is already “significantly larger” than Irish whiskey and Cognac. He said on current trends flavoured whiskey will be bigger than Scotch whisky “pretty soon”.
Varga was speaking after Brown-Forman released its full-year results, with the Jack Daniel's portfolio boosting sales by 8%. Global Tennessee Honey sales increased by 32% over the 12 months, despite “a very challenging comparison” against fiscal 2013 when Tennessee Honey’s net sales doubled, Brown-Forman said. In the US, its sales were up by 17%.
According to a Brown-Forman spokesperson, Tennessee Honey is the first flavoured whiskey to sell more than one million cases.
Varga also said the company is considering a wider rollout of its Tennessee Fire whiskey extension, which is being tested in Oregon, Pennsylvania and Tennessee.
Bacardi has entered the Bourbon market, following its purchase of Angel's Share Brands and its Louisville Distilling Co subsidiary this week. just-drinks spoke to the company's co-founder and chief in...
Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review provides you an in-depth strategic SWOT analysis of the company’s businesses and operations. The profile has been compiled...
Brown-Forman is among the leading forces in the advancing whiskies category while the iconic Jack Daniel’s brand secures the company an enviable place in the booming bourbon segment. This report exami...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Diet Coke "a work in progress" in US - Coca-Cola
- Heineken seeks "clarity" in Indonesia
- Is Coca-Cola Co “back on track” after brighter Q1?
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard unveils new Absolut bottle
- Diageo's United Spirits calls on Mallya to quit
- Beam Suntory to strip down regional units
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets