just On Call - Flavoured whiskey to be "larger than Scotch" - Brown-Forman CEO
Brown-Forman released its FY results today
The US flavoured whiskey category is on course to be “larger than Scotch”, Brown-Forman's CEO has claimed, after its full-year results showed continued growth for Jack Daniel's variant, Tennessee Honey.
In a call with analysts today (4 June), Paul Varga said that latest numbers show the flavoured category is already “significantly larger” than Irish whiskey and Cognac. He said on current trends flavoured whiskey will be bigger than Scotch whisky “pretty soon”.
Varga was speaking after Brown-Forman released its full-year results, with the Jack Daniel's portfolio boosting sales by 8%. Global Tennessee Honey sales increased by 32% over the 12 months, despite “a very challenging comparison” against fiscal 2013 when Tennessee Honey’s net sales doubled, Brown-Forman said. In the US, its sales were up by 17%.
According to a Brown-Forman spokesperson, Tennessee Honey is the first flavoured whiskey to sell more than one million cases.
Varga also said the company is considering a wider rollout of its Tennessee Fire whiskey extension, which is being tested in Oregon, Pennsylvania and Tennessee.
Brown-Forman is among the leading forces in the advancing whiskies category while the iconic Jack Daniel’s brand secures the company an enviable place in the booming bourbon segment. This report exami...
Analyses of the leading companies in the alcohol industry...
Spirits in Portugal industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value and volume 2009-13, and forecast to 2018). The profile also contai...
Brown-Forman has appointed two more Brown family members to its board of directors as control passes to a new generation....
- Carlsberg's Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Six key trends for alcoholic drinks in 2016
- Key trends for beer in 2016 - Focus
- The global beer category - The facts
- Heineken Q4 & full-year results - Preview
- Asahi Group lines up Grolsch, Meantime, Peroni buy
- Diageo completes wine category exit in US
- Beam Suntory targets Kenya with Edrington/FIX
- SABMiller's Europe chief to join Britvic board
- William Grant & Sons restructures US team
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Global Beer Trends 2015 : Global Beer Trends and Long-term Forecasts
- Global Whiskey Market 2016-2020
- Global sparkling wine insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research