just On Call - Cost-cuts will mean more "focussed" business - Britvic CEO
Britvic is targetting cost savings of GBP30m a year to 2016
Britvic's CEO has said the company's new strategy, including a major cost-cutting exercise, will lead to a "simpler, focussed and more agile organisation".
Speaking during an investors' conference call, following the group's half-year results today (22 May), Simon Litherland said the measures will help generate faster sales growth, lower fixed costs and a higher return on its capital expenditure. The plans include closing three of Britvic's UK sites - two in England and one in Nothern Ireland - resulting in up to 400 job losses.
Meanwhile, the group's FD, John Gibney, said that sugar costs remain the "most challenging" area for the business. "What we have seen is an overall easing of cost pressures, with the notable exception of sugar." However, he said that the company's margins on still drinks have been "very strong".
Earlier, Litherland flagged that Britvic's Fruit Shoot brand was continuing to recover following a costly recall last year and the company expects its marketshare to return to "pre-recall" levels by the end of this year.
MarketLine's Company Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investments reports offer a comprehensive breakdown of the organic and inorganic growth activity undertaken by an organi...
The company is focused on following three main strategies in 2013 in order to maintain its presence as one of the leading soft drinks manufacturers in the UK. These are innovation, increased distribut...
Following the acquisition of Irish company C&C (Ireland) Ltd in 2007 Britvic Ireland Ltd has held a firm position in soft drinks, offering leading brands such as Club and Ballygowan in Ireland. Despit...
Juices in the United Kingdom industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market size (value 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). The profile also contains...
- Comment - Diageo Steps Up Defence of Haig Club
- Focus - Diageo's H1 Results by Region, Brand
- Comment - Spirits - Where Next for Scotch Whisky?
- just the Preview - Diageo Q2 & H1
- just the Facts - Top 20 US Beers by Value, Volume
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo speaks out over supplier contract changes
- Brown-Forman appoints Jack Daniel's president
- ASA rejects Haig Club ad complaints
- Carlsberg freezes Russia salaries, new hires
- Global RTD/RTS insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Edrington Group in Spirits (World)
- Global Consumer Trends and Key Consumer Targets in Alcoholic Beverages
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research