just On Call - Coca-Cola Icecek sparkles in H1 as CSDs drive volumes
CCI is growing its sparkling portfolio
Coca-Cola Icecek has “re-energised” its sparkling category with strong growth for Coca-Cola brands, the company's CEO has said.
In an analysts' conference call yesterday (22 August), Damian Gammell revealed that CCI's sparkling beverages grew by 18% on the back of brand Coca-Cola. The growth for the bottler, the Coca-Cola Co's sixth largest, comes as CSD volumes slump in other bottler markets.
“We’ve re-energised the sparkling portfolio and the overall sparkling category in Turkey posted a healthy growth close to mid-single digits in the first half of 2013,” Gammell said. "This was driven very much by brand Coca-Cola and the re-launch of Coca-Cola Zero in the first quarter this year.”
Coca-Cola Zero, which CCI first launched in February 2008, grew H1 volumes in Turkey by 25% this year, Gammell said.
CCI's international markets also showed high demand for sparkling beverages, with sales volumes for brand Coca-Cola in Pakistan up by 25%. In Azerbaijan, CCI's second-largest market after Turkey, brand Coca-Cola and Fanta drove an 11% volumes increase, Gammell said.
In contrast, CSD volumes in developed markets have been on the slide for the past few years. In May, PepsiCo CEO, Indra Nooyi, warned that the industry only has three years left to rescue the CSD category in the US before consumers turn their backs on it. In Coca-Cola Enterprises' full year results, released in February, sparkling beverages posted a 3.5% volumes drop.
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
The Coca-Cola Co (TCCC) is the leading player in both soft drinks and in HW soft drinks. The company’s strength is based on its diversity of category presence from HW carbonates to RTD tea and bottled...
In 2012, UK consumers grew more price sensitive and value driven, shifting towards multipacks and bigger volume packs such as 2-litre packs, which were offered at lower prices. Additionally, origin ha...
There was a slight shift in consumer preference towards carbonates in 2012. With continued pressure on disposable incomes, UK consumers gravitated towards carbonates brands that they know and trust. A...
- Focus - Pernod's YTD Performance by Region
- Comment - Will We Understand the Language of Rum?
- just On Call - Pernod shifts Scotch focus in China
- Focus - Heineken's Q1 Performance by Region
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q3 & YTD
- CFO of Diageo's United Spirits stands down
- Pernod Ricard sees YTD recover as sales increase
- BrewDog launches GBP25m crowd-funding attempt
- Remy Cointreau US head to step down
- Africa "subdued" but Heineken sees Q1 rises
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets