just on Call - Coca-Cola Enterprises sees diet CSDs outperform regular in Europer
CCE has been encouraged by the performance of its diet range
Consumer fears over aspartame appear not to have crossed the Atlantic from the US, as Coca-Cola Enterprises (CCE) has reported that its diet portfolio is outperforming its regular range in Europe.
In an investors conference call last week, CCE’s European president, Hubert Patricot, was asked whether markets were being affected by increasing health fears. “We don’t see that,” said Patricot.
“If anything, the diet portfolio has outperformed the regular portfolio in the last quarter ... and they (diets) really continue to grow very fast.”
His comments came after CCE last week reported a drop in nine-month net profits, with sales flat.
Concerns around the artificial sweetener aspartame have hurt the US' diet soda market lately, with Dr Pepper Snapple Group's chief saying last week that he was "shocked" by the impact. PepsiCo has also expressed concerns.
Meanwhile, on the firm's future prospects in its key Western Europe markets, Patricot said CCE expects to be helped by some “GDP improvement” by next year. But, he added: “Unemployment remains pretty high in all our markets - 8% to 9% - and it does not change.”
Dr Pepper Snapple Group formed after the company was spun off from its parent Cadbury Schweppes in 2008. It brings together the former Dr Pepper/Seven Up Inc, Snapple Beverage Group, Mott’s LLP and Be...
Synopsis Canadean's "Dr Pepper Snapple Group Inc. : Consumer Packaged Goods - Company Profile, SWOT & Financial Report" contains in depth information and data about the company and its operations. The...
Coca-Cola Enterprises Ltd is focused on strengthening consumer awareness of its sustainable recycling efforts, as well as its product choice, in the forecast period. The company has invested heavily i...
- Comment - 'Craft' and the Danger of 'Romance Copy'
- Is A-B InBev/SABMiller 'Mega-Merger' Off?
- Sustainability: What Craft Teaches Multi-Nationals
- Pernod takes positives from China Cognac bounce
- Ethiopia competition to remain "intense" - Diageo
- Bacardi bags a Bourbon with Angel's Envy buy
- SPI Group 'disappointed' over Stolichnaya ruling
- Anheuser-Busch InBev lines up new chairman
- Bacardi Brown-Forman here to stay
- Carlsberg takes on Stella Artois in new campaign
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Champagne: Less Than Bubbly
- Beer Market Insights Africa 2014