just On Call - C&C export boom set to put Ireland in shade - CFO
C&C Group is increasing sales abroad
C&C Group's growing international business means it is on-course to overtake domestic sales, the group's CFO has said.
Part of that growth came from acquisitions such as 2011's Hornsby's purchase, while Neison said next year will see a “big step up again” as Vermont Hard Cider Co - bought last year - is fully integrated.
Neison said a successful attempt to take its Tennent's brand overseas has also boosted international performance.
“From a standing start 12 months ago we have managed to sell 32,000 hectolitres in Canada and Italy, which is equal to 7% of Scottish volumes,” Neison said. “What we're perhaps seeing is that the provenance and heritage of Scottish beer is as marketable an asset as with English and Irish ciders.”
However, Neison warned the group is going “back to the drawing board” after its Hornsby's Strawberry & Lime cider extension failed to sell in the US.
“The (Hornsby's) launch has been very much mixed, and a bit disappointing in some of the brand experiments, he said. “We want to bring Hornsby's back into line with the growing US category.”
Alcoholic Drinks in Ireland industry profile provides top-line qualitative and quantitative summary information including: market share, market size (value and volume 2007-11, and forecast to 2016). T...
The report covers total market (on- and off-premise) and includes valuable insight and analysis on beer market trends, brands, brewers, packaging, distribution channels, market valuation and pricing....
Comprising of textual analysis and data tables, this in-depth and exclusive country report from Canadean provides a comprehensive view of the cider industry structure including analysis and profiles o...
This report analyzes the worldwide markets for Cider in US$ Million and Million Liters. The report provides separate comprehensive analytics for the US, Canada, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Latin America, So...
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Coca-Cola to get boost from Monster in China
- CCE shows faith in Coca-Cola Life with full launch
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Diageo welcomes verdict on Crown Royal "confusion"
- Bacardi, Pernod Ricard welcome US-Cuba deal
- United Spirits bids for distribution deal approval
- Gruppo Campari US unit head steps down
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future
- Global market review of non-Scotch whiskies – forecasts to 2018