just On Call - Brown-Forman price hikes protect Jack Daniel's status - CFO
Brown-Forman released its YTD results today
In a conference call with investors today (6 March), Don Berg said recent price hikes will protect the Bourbon brand's premium status, thereby ensuring its long-term growth. “The last thing we want to happen is for the market place to render Jack Daniel's as standard,” Berg said.
Brown-Forman said in year-to-date results, released today, it has implemented a global price increase on its Jack Daniel's brand in the past year with no damage to sales. In the nine months to January, the brand posted a 10% net sales growth, while the Tennessee Honey extension doubled its global sales.
“You have to continually reinforce your price, particularly when there has been an explosion of interest at price points above Jack Daniel's,” Berg said.
Meanwhile, Brown-Forman CEO Paul Varga told investors that Southern Comforts sales outside of the US were “lumpy, but weak across the board”.
Berg added that the brand suffered from tax increases in core markets the UK and Australia.
Southern Comfort's year-to-date net sales declined by 4% despite a 1% rise in the US compared to the year before.
A marketing campaign launched in the US and UK and credited with arresting sales declines will be rolled out to other markets soon, Varga said.
This is the second edition of our popular ranking of the world's leading spirits brands....
Over the last 10 years RTD's as a category may not have grown at anywhere near the level it did between 1998 and 2003 but it has, nevertheless enjoyed steady global growth. This reality flies in the f...
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Allegro: The shape of things to come at Pernod?
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory