JBA 1999 Food & Beverage Industry Survey
Western Europe and the US are in a periodof economic consolidation. In the countries surveyed, grocery retailing is typically themost important component of retail sales; spending on food and beverages however is undercompetitive threat from other leisure activities. Market growth in grocery retailing isslowing, with consumers looking to alternative channels. Given this, the relative power ofgrocery retailers is not likely to change as they become increasingly skilled andchallenged to provide innovative services to their customers. In turn, these changes willforce suppliers to be increasingly flexible in terms of production and delivery, able toservice a growing number of retail formats and channels from an improving cost base.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- ASA bans Jägermeister TV ad
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory