Is The Australian Wine Industry Ready For Wine Marketers?
There are many reasons currently given for the current export success of Australian wines. These include , technological superiority, climate, superior winemaking skills, the effects on the Europeans of the Chernobyl nuclear disaster, premium varieties etc. Often amongst these advantages there is the inclusion of marketing, or as the Australian Wine and Brandy Corporation like to call it 'progressive marketing,' S. Tolley (11.03.97). However despite these notable market successes that have been recorded by the Australian Wine Industry since 1985, can we truly claim to have a market orientated industry with 'progressive marketing' behaviour or has the successful marketing effort been fortunate enough to have coincided with a decidedly disorientated marketing approach practised by our major competitors?
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- A-B InBev and its SABMiller divestments - Focus
- Premiumisation comes to bottled water - NPD
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Private equity poised for SABMiller Europe buy?
- AB InBev to sell SABMiller Cent'l, E Europe assets
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Carbonates in India