Diageo and Allied Domecq: Is New World wine the next battleground?
With all eyes trained on the imminent Seagram sale, comments from the respective CEOs of Diageo and Allied Domecq on future wine acquisitions have gone almost unnoticed. just-drinks.com believes attention must be given to the possibility of more consolidation in the New World. Since Diageo announced beer and wine would permanently replace its burger and pies interests, anticipation has risen as to when the global showdown between itself and Allied Domecq for Seagram's spirits and wine division will really begin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Scottish Independence and Scotch Whisky
- Comment - Heineken's 'No' Cuts SABMiller Options
- SABMiller spurned by Heineken: The start of the en
- Irish whiskey eyes a slice of Scotch's global pie
- Can the New World Learn a Lesson from the Old?
- Diageo's Special Releases 2014
- LIVE BLOG: Industry responds to Scotland 'No' vote
- Diageo ups Johnnie Walker Formula One presence
- William Grant opens Tullamore D.E.W. distillery
- Rabobank warns of "mountainous task" for Scotch