Diageo and Allied Domecq: Is New World wine the next battleground?
With all eyes trained on the imminent Seagram sale, comments from the respective CEOs of Diageo and Allied Domecq on future wine acquisitions have gone almost unnoticed. just-drinks.com believes attention must be given to the possibility of more consolidation in the New World. Since Diageo announced beer and wine would permanently replace its burger and pies interests, anticipation has risen as to when the global showdown between itself and Allied Domecq for Seagram's spirits and wine division will really begin.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- The End of the Road for International Beer Brands?
- Comment - Another One Bites Bacardi's Dust
- just The Preview - Pernod Ricard's Q4 & FY
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- US craft vodka puts squeeze on Pernod's Absolut
- Mast-Jägermeister targets UK off-trade boost
- Pernod bemoans tough FY as sales, profits drop
- Bacardi announces CFO switch
- SABMiller exec to become CFO at Beam Suntory
- Brown-Forman unveils Jack Daniel's UK push