In the spotlight - Alcohol for minors
Last week, we reported on the recommendation by the UK's chief medical officer that parents should not give their children any alcohol until they were at least 15 years old. The story prompted us to query what the alcohol industry should offer as a response - in these days of responsible drinking, the official line has been the condemnation of giving alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age. However, with the binge drinking culture so prevalent in the UK, surely a controlled introduction by parents to the taste - and the dangers - of alcohol could help foster a healthy respect for the product? This conundrum prompted a wealth of responses from just-drinks readers. A selection of those responses follow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Brown-Forman's march on premium whisk(e)y -Comment
- Are consumers getting tired of consuming?
- Where does AB InBev see the future of beer?
- SABMiller in Cent'l & E Europe - What is for sale?
- Will US consolidation leave craft alcohol exposed?
- Brown-Forman to buy BenRiach Distillery Co
- Bacardi rolls out new global Martini ad - video
- Brown-Forman appoints new GTR marketing head
- Guinness Nigeria sees YTD sales, profits tumble
- Bacardi recruits ex-News International exec
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Consumer and Market Insights: Wine Market in China
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- What Next for Beer and Brewers Following the MegaBrew Deal?
- Emerging Drinks Industry Trends