In the spotlight - Alcohol for minors
Last week, we reported on the recommendation by the UK's chief medical officer that parents should not give their children any alcohol until they were at least 15 years old. The story prompted us to query what the alcohol industry should offer as a response - in these days of responsible drinking, the official line has been the condemnation of giving alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age. However, with the binge drinking culture so prevalent in the UK, surely a controlled introduction by parents to the taste - and the dangers - of alcohol could help foster a healthy respect for the product? This conundrum prompted a wealth of responses from just-drinks readers. A selection of those responses follow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 16 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Diageo's Q4/FY 2016 results - Preview
- Wine consumption and its health effects
- Can craft breweries compete in lager arena?
- Time to take stock of Constellation's Corona
- The Coca-Cola Co's Q2/H1 2016 results - Preview
- Diageo names new TR head as Doug Bagley exits
- AB InBev seeks single buyer for European beers
- SABMiller puts brakes on A-B InBev integration
- Gruppo Campari trials Negroni pre-mix
- Scotch drop hits Edrington as FY profits fall
- Global RTD insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Adultifying Soft Drinks; Capitalizing on rising adult demand for non-alcoholic beverages
- Global non-Scotch whiskies insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global travel retail insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends