In the spotlight - Alcohol for minors
Last week, we reported on the recommendation by the UK's chief medical officer that parents should not give their children any alcohol until they were at least 15 years old. The story prompted us to query what the alcohol industry should offer as a response - in these days of responsible drinking, the official line has been the condemnation of giving alcohol to anyone under the legal drinking age. However, with the binge drinking culture so prevalent in the UK, surely a controlled introduction by parents to the taste - and the dangers - of alcohol could help foster a healthy respect for the product? This conundrum prompted a wealth of responses from just-drinks readers. A selection of those responses follow.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 14 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Comment - The Appeal and Perils of Craft
- Cuba-US Normalisation: Bacardi, Pernod Winners?
- Review of the Year 2014 - Part IV: Spirits
- Sustainability in Wine - Part I
- Time is Right for Refresco Gerber Exit
- Belvédère to sell assets, streamline portfolio
- Belvedere vodka tie-up over new James Bond film
- Diageo ups focus on China with Mortlach roll-out
- Diageo rolls out Beckham's Haig Club to US
- Brown-Forman eyeing Scotch, Irish whisk(e)y entry?
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Scotch whisky insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- The IWSR Forecast Report - 2014-2019 Global Review
- Global Tequila Market 2014-2018
- just-drinks on-trend: Craft beer - fortunes and future