NETHERLANDS: Heineken savings scheme to boost 2013 - analyst
Heineken released its full-year results today
Heineken can expect a “significant” margins boost this year as its global costs programme finally kicks in, an analyst has said.
The Dutch brewer last year saw savings from its Total Cost Management (TCM) activity swallowed up by an 8% rise in input costs, analyst Bernstein said following the release of Heineken's full-year results today (13 February). This year, “slight” input cost inflation will see benefits from the three-year EUR500m (US$674m) scheme “hit the bottom line”, Bernstein predicted.
A further EUR25m in savings will come from synergy benifits from Heineken's acquisition of Asia Pacific Breweries, which is in its final stages of completion.
Earlier today, Heineken posted healthy rises in profits and sales for 2012. Group volumes also increased, by 3.4%, and international sales of brand Heineken were up by 5.3%.
However, analyst UBS warned that organic sales and EBIT were “disappointing”.
Meanwhile, Heineken will spend EUR100m on implementing its Global Business Services (GBS) organisation to the end of next year, Bernstein said. GBS was launched in 2010 to help the brewer control costs more tightly.
For just-drinks' coverage of Heineken's full-year results, click here.
Heineken, the world’s third largest brewer and leading cider producer, continued its aggressive acquisitive expansion in 2012 with the purchase of Asia Pacific Breweries. This profile considers the ex...
Heineken is making efforts to improve its business in the key US market and support sluggish consumption through product innovation, including Indio in June 2012 and Amstel Wheat and Tecate Michelada ...
- Is Diageo on the Brink of a Brain Drain?
- SABMiller edges Diageo as beer trumps spirits
- Will Keurig Kold come to Coca-Cola Co's Rescue?
- Focus - SABMiller's FY Sales Performance by Region
- Focus - Indonesia: Prohibition in Paradise?
- Rémy Cointreau eyes recovery after Q4 bounceback
- Carlsberg exec joins Diageo as Africa chief steps
- Diageo YTD sales come in flat
- Bacardi hands global advertising to single agency
- Heineken "concerned" as Indonesia enacts beer ban
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global Tequila insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Bacardi Limited - Strategy and SWOT Report
- ALDI 2015: Radically transforming Anglo Saxon grocery markets
- Diageo plc (DGE) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review