NETHERLANDS: Heineken savings scheme to boost 2013 - analyst
Heineken released its full-year results today
Heineken can expect a “significant” margins boost this year as its global costs programme finally kicks in, an analyst has said.
The Dutch brewer last year saw savings from its Total Cost Management (TCM) activity swallowed up by an 8% rise in input costs, analyst Bernstein said following the release of Heineken's full-year results today (13 February). This year, “slight” input cost inflation will see benefits from the three-year EUR500m (US$674m) scheme “hit the bottom line”, Bernstein predicted.
A further EUR25m in savings will come from synergy benifits from Heineken's acquisition of Asia Pacific Breweries, which is in its final stages of completion.
Earlier today, Heineken posted healthy rises in profits and sales for 2012. Group volumes also increased, by 3.4%, and international sales of brand Heineken were up by 5.3%.
However, analyst UBS warned that organic sales and EBIT were “disappointing”.
Meanwhile, Heineken will spend EUR100m on implementing its Global Business Services (GBS) organisation to the end of next year, Bernstein said. GBS was launched in 2010 to help the brewer control costs more tightly.
For just-drinks' coverage of Heineken's full-year results, click here.
- Pernod Ricard's FY Performance by Region, Brand
- Battle continues for Pernod Ricard in US and China
- American whiskey does a vodka - Analysis
- Japan follows in Scotch whisky's footsteps
- Why consumers don't care about vodka's provenance
- Pernod Ricard "in line" after full-year results
- India overtakes France for Pernod Ricard
- New whisky distillery set for Edinburgh
- Diageo launches glass Bulleit & Cola bottles
- Corby's FY suffers from US focus
- Future growth opportunities for global spirits
- Global gin insights - market data, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Global rum insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research
- Pernod Ricard SA - Mergers & Acquisitions (M&A), Partnerships & Alliances and Investment Report
- Brown-Forman Corporation (BFB) - Financial and Strategic SWOT Analysis Review