Guinness flounders but the world smiles on Smirnoff
Paul Walsh, Diageo's new CEO, stamped his mark on the City with the help of a spirited performance from the new streamlined drinks business. However questions remained over the direction of Guinness and the race for Seagram's drinks. Elliot Lane reports Confidentiality agreements and marketing jargon hid Diageo's true intentions yesterday but there is no doubt Paul Walsh is a spirits and wine man.
Get full access to all content, just $1 for 30 days
A Message From The Editor
just-drinks gives you the widest beverage market coverage.
Paid just-drinks members have unlimited access to all our exclusive content - including 17 years of archives.
I am so confident you will love complete access to our content that today I can offer you 30 days access for $1.
It’s our best ever membership offer – just for you.
Olly Wehring, editor of just-drinks
- Most Valuable Spirits Brands in 2017 - The facts
- Most Valuable Beer Brands in 2017 - The facts
- What the future looks like for Australian wine
- Has the politics of M&A changed? - Analysis
- Interview, Fever-Tree's founders
- Coca-Cola Co announces senior executive shake-up
- Heineken sees Tesco pull SKUs in UK
- Baijius brand value overtakes whisk(e)y - figures
- Heineken releases colour-change bottles
- Fever-Tree eyes bumper NPD, pack formats for 2017
- Central and East Europe Report Package
- Battle of the Generations - The fight for iGen, Millennial, Gen X and Baby Boomer consumers
- Global vodka insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global Scotch insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends
- Global liqueurs insights - market forecasts, product innovation and consumer trends research